Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2009 6:47 PM by Lighthouse24

policy

andy43232 Wayfarer
      *how would you Develop an environmental policy statement for Target and then how would you do a Justification for the policy

*|

• Re: policy
          Lighthouse24 Ranger
          When I commented (in your last post) that the series of questions you've asked seemed like business class coursework, you replied that they were not -- that you were asking because you were "starting a . . . used book store." So what does Target's environmental policy have to do with the business you are starting exactly? How should members of this community frame their responses within that context? Also, it is just a coincidence that the exact same phrasing appears in a question in an Ohio State University workshop assignment, and that your profile shows that you're in Columbus?

Members of this community have taken time to post responses -- often very thoughtful and lengthy responses -- to your previous questions, yet you've never posted a "thank you," marked a single answer as "helpful," or contributed to anyone else's questions or discussions. Doesn't that seem like a bit of a one-way street so far?
              andy43232 Wayfarer
              omg first I'm not i school so drop the I'm from ohio and I am near a collage
              When i see a question and like more info I will ask and if someone with no life or job most likely has nothing better to do then say its a school work should not be saying anything.
              I wanted more info on a used book store and I got it now I ask other question that I see in a paper like environmental policy statement and how that has to do with school work is beyond me

my next question that I went to school many years ago has to do with business ethics and if you know anything about that then you would not reply to my questions
                  Lighthouse24 Ranger
                  This is a community of small business owners. Target doesn't really qualify as a small business, so me asking you to provide the larger context or rationale for your question -- in order to help community members formulate an answer that's useful for your particular business -- seemed reasonable.

The same question (worded exactly the same way) popped up in over 140 different websites, communities, and forums yesterday -- and almost all of the people who posted the question were in the Columbus, Ohio area. So asking, "What's up with that?" seemed reasonable, as well. I as understand your response, you and a hundred or so other individuals just independently and simultaneous started to wonder, for no particular reason, how you might go about creating an envionmental policy for a major retail chain. Sounds a bit like the beginning of an M. Night Shyamalan story.

Again, I willing to try to help you find the information or solution you're seeking (if I can understand what that is, precisely) -- or I can just move on . . .