Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2009 11:28 AM by Tommy2Hats

Writing a business contract.

Debonair1234 Wayfarer
      I am starting a Marketing & Promotions Company, and I am going to local night clubs in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Area to try to do some promoting for their club, but I am having trouble writing up contracts that would benefit my business as well as my customers business. Is their a sample outline somewhere anyone knows about? Where liability is still with the club if something happens, and also to split the money a certain way,etc...
        • Re: Writing a business contract.
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Writing a business contract, Welcome

If I was starting a Marketing and Promotions Company, I would do the following.

Get an Accountant, A Lawyer and an Insurance Agent. YES you have to spend money to make money, BUT you will sleep better. I would also contact SCORE. SCORE is FREE and will help you both in person and online.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            amspcs Ranger
            Google "Pre Paid Legal" and see if you can find someone offering that service in your area.
            They'll have a real lawyer assist you in the drafting of your contract and other necessary legal matters at a
            fraction of the cost of hiring an attorney by the hour. They have both personal and business plans---make sure you opt for the business plan.

Having an attorney at hand is a must for all small businesses but unfortunately, having one on retainer is beyond the budget of most small businesses. This is because the 'big guys' out there
            with whom you deal will take advantage of you even when you're in the right--regretably the protection of law and contracts only applies to the big guys with huge legal budgets, not the little guys like us. If you don't believe me, just ask O.J. or Mr. Madoff.

AMSPCS
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Tommy2Hats Newbie
              I think that AMSPCS is right that Prepaid legal is an affordable option, and at the same time I don't think you have to always have a lawyer go over every contract. I get involved in numerous types of businesses, I'm a business consultant, but I had my lawyer put together a single, strong, boilerplate that serves me well. She's an excellent lawyer and her goal is my success. Get that kind of lawyer, one you trust and who wants you to succeed, and you won't need to keep going back for more contracts.

I would advise that you read your own contract thoroughly until you understand it.

Good luck to ya,

John Van Dinther