Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2009 3:35 PM by dholding

Investor/Funding Advice

mrbuilder Newbie
      Hello, I am looking for advice on how I might finance a construction project. I a general contractor, and own a small construction company in the Seattle/Tacoma area. I would like to purchase small "fixer" homes that are under valued and need some TLC. I would like to turn these homes into rentals, or affordable starter homes for small families (2-3 bedrooms homes). The neighborhood I am looking at (I personally live in) is close to a University, Air force base, and Army post. So I think the potential for rentals is good. Also, the neighborhood is considered "low end" and most home are under $200,000. There are a lot of homes for sale (three on my street alone) and it seems like a good opportunity to invest into the community by creating nice homes that would attract buyer/renters back to the neighborhood. I am an experienced builder, and personally posses many trade skills. I need help though finding the money to get a project like this going. I am exploring my options and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!