Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2009 4:11 PM by EOSMITH

Startup Funds

EOSMITH Wayfarer
      I am in the process of starting an online nutrition and supplement store. I work full time, and this venture will be side project for the time being. I need funds to purchase product, advertise, and further develop my website. I believe I can get my company off the ground with less than $10,000. I have considered seeking out investors, government grants, and business loands. Which option is my best opportunity to gather the remaining funds that I need to make this dream a reality? Thanks
        • Re: Startup Funds
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Startup Funds, Welcome

Two suggestions. One go to Members page and share some info

Two Develop a Business and marketing plan. It is one of the first items an investor will want to see.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
            GrowthCurve Adventurer
            Your best option is the one that you can actually get.

Do you know anyone who has $10,000 that trusts you enough to invest it? If not, move on. If so, start talking to them.

Do you have the income and the credit and the collateral to qualify for a $10,000 loan? If not, move on. If so, go get the loan. You won't have to deal with an investor, and you'll keep all the profits for yourself.

I'd forget about government grants. I am sure they exist somewhere, but I don't think this worth your time. You just don't hear about many businesses getting started with government grant money, despite what the man in the "question mark" suit will have you believe.

You're talking about a very competitive business with many established players. Why do you think you will succeed?
                EOSMITH Wayfarer

Thank you for your reply. I will be sure to weigh all of my options...an investment from family and/or friends is the route I would like to go, but it may be necessary to bring a loan into the picture.

In response to your final question, I believe that I will succeed because of my marketing plan. A close friend of mine is a media buyer for a marketing firm, and has provided me with alot of valuable information regarding a "grassroots" campaign as well as several other ideas. I understand that this business is competitive, but it is also a growing market. It is my belief that I can set myself apart from the other websites out there with a professional appearance and apporach, and by finding my niche in the market through aggressive advertising.

Thanks again.
                tomgaz Wayfarer
                EOSMITH,

I don't know yet from what you've shared if you will quality or if it's the right fit but you may want to contact us. My company offers low-cost capital to new and established businesses that will allow you to build or grow your company more profitably.

Although it's not necessary for us, have you developed your business plan? What are your goals and time-frames for those goals? How is your personal credit and do you have a spouse, friend, family member, or partner who could help you if necessary to raise the capital you need?

Feel free to contact me if you would like to learn more about what we do and would like a free consultation.

Tom Gazaway, CMPS®, XCO
                Hawkeye Management
                1873 Rt. 70 East
                Ste. 207
                Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
                856-433-8134 ph
                1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    EOSMITH Wayfarer
                    Thank you for your reply

I have developed a business plan and marketing plan. I do have collateral, and my credit is fairly good. My time frame for this company would be a start date of June if possible. I would prefer to get my funds from family and/or friend's investments, but it may be necessary to gather the needed capital from another source. I would be interested in more information from you; particularly the cost to me for borrowing from you and your organization.

Thanks again and I look forward to keeping contact with you.
                        tomgaz Wayfarer
                        EOSMITH,
                        I need an email address and/or a contact number to forward you the information you requested. I will tell you this one thing...you will not find lower cost capital than what we offer unless friends and family give you a no-interest loan. The downside to some of our solutions is that there are limits to how much capital you can get...so if you need several hundred thousand dollars I can only help you with a portion of that...but my terms will be better than all the other sources you go to. If you find better terms for your short-term capital needs then I'll hire you to get us some funding.

Tom Gazaway
                        Hawkeye Management
                        1873 Rt. 70 East
                        Ste. 207
                        Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
                        856-433-8134 ph
                            EOSMITH Wayfarer
                            TOMGAZ,

You can send information to EOSNUTRITION@gmail.com
                            I will be looking to borrow a relatively small amount -- between $5,000 and $10,000
                            I look forward to hearing from you and seeing what sort of options you can offer me.

Thanks

Eric