This content has been marked as final. Show 10 replies
Will you be designing, manufacturing, or selling bags retail? That is almost 3 distinct businesses. Take some time to review what area you wish to be in and develop a business plan around that area - you can always expand into other areas later.
You local library should have some good resources about developing a business plan.
Best of luck,
Thank you so much for some feed back! I want to also sell jewlery, bag, anything that a women could want from fashion to shoes!
a Boutique with high end Handbag, Welcome Ashley.
Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE and can help you with the Business Plan.
Good luck, LUCKIEST
No i need help!!!!
Oh and yes i know about Score!
Bridge said it right - there will be 3 aspects
- You will need to design the products
- You will have to make the products
- You will have to sell teh products
My advice is to get a website and have a web based store (own site or an ebay store)
- For the website
- you need to register a URL
- design your webpage
- have a payment gateway (paypal)
- shipping and handeling service
Ashley, If you are going to design and create your own handbags, a low cost way of getting started and getting face-to-face feedback would be to do art and craft shows on the weekends. This way you will have cash flow with minimal investment, build a brand or name for yourself, talk directly to possible customers and learn the basics of how to operate a small business.
this is how I started out.
I know producers for good branded (in leather) companies like armani, oliveira, raffaello, versace, etc so if you would like to strike a deals with them let me know. This is not in china etc.... as they have horrible quality.
Contact me and I will give you their contacts.
My suggestion will be.
1. Start small and get at least few handbags designed and crafted. So you have few sample to give out and to show off.
2. Open an online store to get exposure
3. Post press release and get attention from news media.
4. Communicate with other local or online store to show case your products
5. You can even give away your handbags to Hollywood celebrity, which may bring your huge result
It will be easier to get investor and raise fund if you have something to show off and prove that you can turn your business into a profitable one.
If you really want to reach out big, a local store front may cost you more and generate less profit. Try online store first!
If you do have local store open, contact us. http://www.SmartLocalShoppers.com will help you promote your local business.
I love your goals and the fact that you have such a passion for success. I specialize in small business start up and expansion and I helped my mother to start up a business similar to what you are doing(thats actually how I got started). I would love to give you advice and maybe be someone to bounce ideas off of. If you have not already started one you are going to need a business plan to take to potential investors. If you would like to talk you can email me at email@example.com
Go to original post
Reply to original post
* Hello My name is Ashley Clopton and i am a single momof a six month old boy, I am very determine to achieve the best Handbag Designer bags around! I have started my marketing and building of my business, I at the point that i need some operating cash to buy in bulk of the products, Than i need get my start-up cost to open the doors. Space to run my business storefront , manufacturing and warhousing. So i need some start-up funding and someone to belive in me and i will not let you down>