Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2009 12:36 AM by jeremyv

Windows 7 (Beta Version)

NatOnline Tracker
      Hello,

Need to learn more about the new operating system from Microsoft?

Here a link: http://www.informationweek.com/news/windows/operatingsystems/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=212701326

It is about time to forget the Windows Vista version, I really hope that they try to improve the XP version which is a very good one.
        • Re: Windows 7 (Beta Version)
          Adventurer
          Been using it for about 10 days now and its faster than Vista and got more function. Windows 7 is really better than Vista and I can't say the same thing with Vista vs XP.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            DomainDiva Ranger
            Microsoft seems to get it right 'every other' operating system version. We never did upgrade to Vista, seemed to be too much trouble. Thanks for the link I will check it out.
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
              xenopod Adventurer
              Here is a comparison of 32bit Win7 Vs. Vista Vs. XP that appeared on slashdot:
              http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=3236&page=2

I would be interested in seeing a more detailed benchmark test for this one and for the 64-bit operating systems. I think with the next release of windows it is probably time to say goodbye to 32-bit since so many newer programs require so much more RAM the capacity increase in 64-bit will become increasingly necessary.
                  NatOnline Tracker
                  I think the main reason people bought more Mac since a few years is because Vista wasn't right for users. Vista will have a short life for sure, if Win7 is more oriented to Vista, I am sure people will keep buying Mac.

As far as 32 bits and 64 bits, that's correct 64 bits will be the new standard.

Don't forget that XP run only with 128 Mega RAM compared to Vista 1GB, I don't know how much memory Win7 will need.

For heavy simultaneous application softwares you will need a lot of memories RAM, I am waiting for deals on 4GB or 8GB sets to benefit the full capacity of my motherboard can handle.
                  xenopod Adventurer
                  Here is an Ars Technica review of the public beta:
                  http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/windows-7-beta.ars

+'If you couldn't stand Vista's UI (whether it's because you didn't
                  like Explorer, Aero, Control Panel, UAC, or anything else), Windows 7
                  is unlikely to do much to help, as it builds on the same UI. If Vista's
                  hardware demands were too steep, Windows 7 will likely cause you the
                  same grief, as its hardware demands match. And if Vista didn't work
                  with a program or device you need to use, Windows 7 will offer no
                  salvation, as its compatibility is virtually identical.'+