Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2009 10:13 AM by BrightSpot

customized leg prosthetics

tyemaxnoaami Newbie
      HELLO, I AM A 54 YEAR OLD ENGINEER IN THE HEAVY STEEL INDUSTRY. DUE TO AN INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENT I LOST HALF MY RIGHT LEG. I SOON REALISED THE SCOTTISH NHS HAD GREAT DIFICULTY MAKING A COMFORTABLE SOCKET.SO I CUSTOMIZED MY OWN SOCKET AND INVENTED THE "COMFORT SOCK"WHICH ALLOWS THE WEARER TO ADJUST THE FIT OF THE SOCKET AT ANY TIME.IT IS EASIER TO DRESS AND UNDRESS THE PROSTHETIC, IT IS MORE COMFORTABLE WHEN SITTING AND YOU CAN SIT ON ANY SURFACE HARD OR SOFT, IT IS EVEN COMFORTABLE SITTING ON THE TOILET (THIS IS DIFFICULT WHEN WEARING A SOCKET ALL THE WAY UP TO YOUR BUM). MY PROBLEM IS TRYING TO SELL IT! I APPROACHED THE UK NHS THEY TOLD ME I HAVE TO ACTUALLY WORK FOR THE NHS, TO BE CONSIDERED. I APPROACHED OTHER MAJOR PROSTHETIC COMPANIES THEY SAID THEY WERE HAPPY WITH THERE PROCEDURES AND THANKS BUT NOTHANKS. I CAN ONLY IMAGINE THIER THINKING OF THIER LOST PROFITS,(AND NOT THE AMPUTEES COMFORT AND WELLBEING). THIS IS BECAUSE WHEN YOU GET A COMFORTABLE SOCKET AND CUSTOMIZE IT WITH THE "COMFORT SOCK" THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE YOU WILL NEVER NEED TO GO BACK AND GET REFITTED FOR A NEW SOCKET.
      MY BRITISH PATENT SHOULD BE FINALISED NEXT MONTH.IT HAS BEEN PUBLISHED AND I HAVE BEEN APPROACHED BY AMERICAN FIRM ABSOLUTLEY NEW. THEY SOUND JUST WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR,,,FOR MORE MONEY.AFTER PAYING CONSIDERABLE COST TO MY PATENT ATTORNEY,MONEY IS A BIT TIGHT.
      I WOULD BE GREATFULL FOR ANY ADVICE. THANK YOU TYEMAXNOAAMI xxxxx