Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2009 2:27 PM by Rvaldez

Thoughts on starting more than one franchise simultaneously?

dwrunner Newbie

I'm looking at two franchise concepts in the same industry. One is a B2B concept and the other is B2C. They absolutely could be complementary but I wonder if someone new to franchising could give the appropriate attention to two different systems and have them each succeed.

All comments and suggestions are welcome.
        • Re: Thoughts on starting more than one franchise simultaneously?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          starting more than one franchise, Welcome

Yes you could start more than one franchise and have them both succeed.

It would help if you told us more about yourself and your plans.
              dwrunner Newbie
              Thanks Luckiest. I'm a recent graduate of corporate America and I want to take my 20+ years of experience in financial management, operations, and six sigma process improvement and use them to help small business owners. I did a lot of internal consulting but no external business development. That is why I want to use a franchisor's system vs striking out on my own.

One concept is focused on realizing efficiencies and cost reductions for business owners. The other is focused on growing revenue including the use of SEO.

I can see them being complementary - a full suite for owners to consider - but perhaps they are too much for owners to consider at once. And maybe I'm underestimating the BD learning curve for me.
              Rvaldez Newbie
              Hello dwrunner my name is Raul Valdez I work for Franchise Team Builders in Houston,Texas. Yes you could start 2 different concepts and have them both succeed, but you will really be working very very hard. I dont; know if you know this but there are several Franchisors that offer a Multi-Unit or Area Representation for a particular concept. which basically means you can have and run more than one franchise but under the same concept. It usually is more profitable too do this as well. Especially the Area (region) route. email me if you would like, I can tell you about the concepts we currently represent and which ones offer what I was talking about above. My email is rvaldez@franchiseteambuilders.com and our site is http://www.franchiseteambuilders.com Thank You and Good Luck