Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2009 6:13 PM by knight58

Our Comments to each should be private to some degree

knight58 Wayfarer
      I have noticed that a number of the comments made in this forum appear in a google search if you enter my URL. This is suppose to be a site for business people and peer-to-peer advice. With that in mind; comments should not be out there for the public to see because some of them are not comments you want perspective clients and customers to see. I think this sucks and had I know that would happen I certainly would not have entered my URL. Is there anything that can be done about removing comments.
        • Re: Our Comments to each should be private to some degree
          Iwrite Pioneer
          I don't think there is much that you can do. You can edit your profile to remove information but once a comment is out posted, the only thing you can do is mark it inappropriate. Several people have asked about an editing function but those requests seem to have been turned down. I say this because nothing changed.

With the number of people registered and the ability of visitors to read all posts, I have no issue with privacy.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
              knight58 Wayfarer
              The problem is not with people in the forum. The problem is when going to Google, entering my URL there are comments that I've made in this forum about SEO, traffic and the lack there of, building a site, etc...

These are things I don't think customers need to see.
                  Iwrite Pioneer
                  I understand and so will most potential customers.

They realize you are a business and have issues related to your business that you have to deal with. Unless you spoke ill of customers, I really do not believe that it will negatively affect your business. You may be right that they don't need to see these things but the reality is almost anything you and I post on the web will appear somewhere else where an individual with a few clicks can access it. That is the nature of the Internet.

I'm on your side, I think some people are doing their business much harm by the comments and nature of their posts here but they should have thought of that before they got on the web. That is a bigger issue.

I am more concerned with the people mining the membership, my spam has blown up since joining.
                Maddeb Adventurer
                i have made contact directly with people in this forum by requesting their email. This way, I am able to reveal more information that will not be public, and hopefully get some good advice, guidance, or whatever I am looking for.

the world wide web, is exactly that. its a web that links everything to something.recently, i had hung my flag upside-down in protest to the government decisions for the bail-out. I did that one day, after I went to the bank for a line, and the banks were bailed out, but they used the federal funds to zero out thier debts and make the health of their establishment better for sake of selling, merging, aquisition, and so forth. Our economy is in dire straights, and has had a huge affect on my personal finances and business.

the same day, the news paper came out, did and wrote a story about it. after the story published, other newspapers, television news stations, and talk radio were interested in it. So, if you google my name, business, the city I live in, etc, the stories pop up everywhere; in forums, video, columns, etc. i hate that is what happened, as now it reflects negatively on my business. i am sure that i have lost much of my business because of that- as I reach oput to clients for work, I am not getting responses back as I used to.

this is life!
                1 of 1 people found this helpful