Post a new topic
    1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 9, 2009 12:35 AM by ThatGuy

Is there functionality software out that I can use?

Billions Wayfarer
      I was wondering if there is any kind of functionality software that I can use to build a business networking website? Or any software that I can use that allows me to type in instructions and it will execute them?
        • Re: Is there functionality software out that I can use?
          ThatGuy Newbie

Hi Billions,

The answer to your question is yes and no.

Yes, there is software out there which will allow you to point and click to design websites and organize your data layouts. These products are referred to as What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG -pronounced wazwig) products. I say no as well because of the way you worded the question.

--I was wondering if there is any kind of functionality software that I can use to build a business networking website? Or any software that I can use that allows me to type in instructions and it will execute them? -

Nearly all application building software products allow you to type in instructions for execution. That is what programs do, follow instructions. If the question is "Are there software products that can interrupt my everyday speech into a command/function?", then the answer is no.

However, there are several very good application building FREE software products available. I am listing a few below, but there are many, and as I have not needed to look for free products in a while; my best recommendation is to search for free web developing and free application building software. Get your feet wet. See what you are getting into and then ask yourself, "Do I really need to start with an online presence and custom application software?"

Ok, here are a few suggestions.

NVU is a website builder; it is free or was free last time I looked at it (which might date me a bit).

Eclipse is a Java based application building program.

Smart FTP is/was free, you will need/want it to upload and manage your site.

Yahoo has lots of, sort of, free tools for Web Development you can use when you register a Domain name and pay for hosting.

Google also offers a lot of similar tools as well.

The Yahoo and Google tools are more WYSIWYG while the NVU and Eclipse are geared towards the programmer and designer cliental.

I hope this was more helpful than confusing.