Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2009 9:52 PM by Analysight

Help with Marketing

caringmedical Newbie

+*I own a company called Caring Medica
      We supply Hospitals, Universities, Dental Offices, Doctor's Offices and Individuals with State of the Art products and the best care and service you will find anywhere.

Please write and let us know what you may need from Exam tables, the latest dental equipment to the best training products for Students in Nursing, Dental and Medical Schools.

Any suggestions on how to market to Doctor's offices, Dentists, Schools etc. I am not sure how it would work if I were to call them. Who do I ask for and what should my elevator speech be like?

Thank for any help you may have for me.

Caring Medical Group, LLC
        • Re: Help with Marketing
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Help with Marketing, Welcome

I am a SCORE Counselor and SCORE helps people in business (like you) FREE.

SCORE can help you develop both a Business and Marketing Plan.

It would help to know more about you and your company. The more you share, the better we can tailor the plan.

Happy New Year and good luck, LUCKIEST
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            caringmedical Newbie
            Thank you I will be in contact.
              Analysight Newbie

Marketing to doctors and dentist offices, hospitals, and medical schools requires doing some upfront research. I would first start by looking at the geographic area in which you are marketing your products or services. Also, find out the North American Industrial Classification Standards (NAICS) code for those types of industries. Using County Business Patterns (on the Census Bureau's web site), you will be able to track statistics at the ZIP code, county, metropolitan, state, and or federal level. This will help you determine the size of your market.

Next, use phone directories and sources like Dun & Bradstreet's Million Dollar Database to identify specific physicians and dentist offices, hospitals, etc. in your geographic market. The Million Dollar Database has useful information such as the specific company's employees and sales, and the names of the owner and/or other key executives. Now you will have your prospect list.

Regarding your elevator pitch, you need to ask: "What benefit(s) is(are) my product offering?" Take a piece of paper and draw a line down the middle. On the left hand side, write down your product's features (what your product has); on the right hand side, list at least one benefit that each of those features gives your customer. Once you've done that, your elevator pitch will be something that calls out the benefits of your product:

Ex: "Caringmedical helps healthcare professionals develop pleasant patient experiences by..."

Good luck!
                  caringmedical Newbie
                  Thank you so very much! I really appreciate your detailed, well thought out response. How do I get the Million Dollar Database? What does it cost? Can I just go to their website and see a link?

This is really helpful and thank you again!

Analysight Newbie

Happy to help!

Many libraries with a large business books section should have access to the Million Dollar Database. I'm also pretty sure that the print version, Million Dollar Directory is still published; if so, at the very least, most libraries should have that on their business reference shelves. You can definitely try the D&B website to look for pricing. Another electronic source you can use is ReferenceUSA, which is very similar to Million Dollar Database.

I'd be happy to talk to you more and see if there are other ways I can help. You can check out our website at for more information.

All the best,