Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2008 12:31 PM by golfheaven

Designing a webpage

sambacamara Newbie
      I need someone in Metro Detroit to help me design my own small business webpage for a minimal amount.I am just staring my own home business.
        • Re: Designing a webpage
          MRFINANCE Adventurer

Try YAHOO! They will sell you a web site that is easy to setup.

Joe

Richton Funding
          718-692-2274
            Kenzenco Newbie
            Congratulations on starting your new business. I officially started mine in June 2008. Things are going very well and much better than the economy would expect.

Web design doesn't have to be complicated or done solely where you're at.

I suggest Yahoo! Small Business for domain registration, web hosting and even e-mail (you'll need a Yahoo! free e-mail account to get start. They have a r $20 a year account for unlimited storage and the ability to interact with Outlook or other mail services. It's really worth it!).

Yahoo has pre-designed sites that are slightly customizable or you can use a designer to get exactly what you want using any design tool. Their customer service has been great. 24/7 for the web site and very helpful.

Web pages are as low as $9.95 a month. Mine is www.imcpros.com. I also design web sites for other companies and would be happy to help you. Most of the sites are linked to on my web site.

If you sell products, you can have a web store and set up credit card processing too.

Design is a matter of knowing your product and service.

Don't forget Marketing. Look into Constant Contact for e-mail marketing. It's as low as $15 a month for 500 e-mail contacts or less.

My key businesss components are definitely: Outlook, Quickbooks Pro (buy the 2008 version for about half the price of 2009), Yahoo! Mail and Web Hosting and Constant Contact.

I've designed sites for as low as $150 a page (alexandriatranslations.com) up to $250,000 (lots of technical stuff behind them: this site is not publicly available yet).

Keep in mind that these are dynamic so set it up where you can either do edits yourself or you budget for edits.

I hope this helps.

Ken

Ken Murphy
            IMC Pros LLC
            Integrated Marketing & Communications
            www.imcpros.com
              Iwrite Pioneer
              There is a pretty strong design community in Detroit that is suffering right now. Contact the local advertising club and you might be able to find some really good help that will work within your budget. You can go with all the internet providers but at least look at local talent that you can sit down with and talk things through. You might be surprised the quality you can afford. My two cents worth.