Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2008 7:42 PM by Neenee

AFriend3240 Newbie
      I bought a business and the seller misrepresnted sales as well as expenses. I have some papers and a voice recording of their representation. What is the best way to get them and get the contract rescinded?
        • Re: Misrepresentation
          Neenee Newbie
          I have found an awesome source for affordable Legal Protection/Advice/Consultation Insurance and Identity Theft Protection. If anyone is interested and wants more information, please contact me at my email address. I'm not sure if it could help you after the fact but if you are interested, I'd be glad to look into it for you. Just let me know.

Georgia Ballard
          Experience Counts VA

• Re: Misrepresentation
            Lighthouse24 Ranger
            Contact an attorney. I believe the burden of proof will be on you to show: (a) that the sales/expenses you're referring to were presented as material facts (not estimates, opinions, intentions, or speculations), (b) that those facts were intentionally misrepresented by the seller, (c) that you relied on those misrepresented facts in your decision (i.e., you would not have been induced into the contract otherwise), and (d) that you have been harmed as a result. It goes beyond the scope of a typical small claims or a "do-it-yourself" tort. Good luck.