Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2008 1:49 PM by cellini

how to market artisan products from Italy

cellini Newbie
      Hello and Merry Christmas,
      I think I have a good business idea and would like some objective feedback.
      I have business contacts in Italy. I've spoken with master artisans who craft very high quality leather and gold items and they are looking for ways to market their products in the US.
      These products are extremely fine as many subcontract for well known luxury designer brands. I would like to propose this as a home business, offering a sample inventory (at cost) and information on the products.
      The target market would be professional women who appreciate good quality and are more interested in a finely crafted producted over name recognition.
      I would import the items to the US and ship from here.
        • Re: how to market artisan products from Italy
          LUCKIEST Guide
          how to market artisan products from Italy, Welcome

Tell me more. Who are you?? Where are you?? (You will ship from "HERE"??)
          How do I reach out to you?? Phone number?? Email??

How soon do you plan on starting?? What kind of feedback are you looking for??
          Have you developed a Business and Marketing Plan that I can read??

• Re: how to market artisan products from Italy
              cellini Newbie

Basically I would like to hear from people who have worked in marketing homebased businesses. We would be branching out from our core business which is gift and travel consulting, specializing in Tuscany and Northern Italy.
              Does it sound like the products we propose would be of interest in todays market?
              We would import and then ship out from our NY office.
              Thanks for any comments.