Post a new topic
    9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2008 5:23 PM by Xeequa

Viral Marketing Question

golfheaven Adventurer
      I am ready to launch 2-1-09 on a very small scale to begin with. I will start with one golf simulator and the room to place 3 or 4 more in the future. My question is free limited play a good marketing strategy to introduce customer to facility and hopefully generate monthly membership or say a 75% of hourly rate a better option shows value all and any opinions or comments appreciated
        • Re: Viral Marketing Question
          Hi golfheaven,

Get them in the door and then structure a rewards program to bring in the additional potential clients. I'm a golfer and love the social aspect of golf; will your simulator allow multiple players? So if I was a client and I could introduce a friend for free. Can you have a charity mini-tourney with press releases etc. Oh by the way have a display of your expansion plans. Sounds like a great business.
              golfheaven Adventurer
              Yes get them in the door. I will then ask what they would like to see in the facility. I will develope thru questions and survey's what kind of services and products my members would like to have.

You can have up to 4 people at a time on single simulator with the most playing options currently available.

I thought that i would develope over a 2-3 month period a graphic wall display of what all contributing members would like the facilities to look like.

What is best for pre selling memberships. I realize i will have to market a specific way to attract potential members to location. My thoughts were a 4x6 or 4x8 postcard for free golf at Pebble beach (9 holes) or should i charge $5 or $10 dollars what will have more perceived value.
                  It's really exciting starting a new business! All kinds of ideas popped in my head for ideas but sticking to the marketing aspect: free has become a negative term in marketing so avoid it. For the viral aspect structure discounts for bringing a friend. I like the post card idea; the visa/mc ad popped in my head, compare the real cost of golfing pebble beach to a great rate. Remember your selling the overall experience of your facility.
                Lighthouse24 Ranger
                I would not offer free play as part of the mass marketing, but I would offer a significant discount for membership -- maybe even give it some exclusiveness (like "limited number of charter memberships"). I would also offer limited free play as a referral tool -- in other words, if I bring a first-time friend, we can play 2 for 1 (or something like that).

You probably know and have considered this, but just in case . . . most people who watch golf on TV would be in your target market, so you might reach a lot of prospects by advertising during a televised tournament (and since Tiger Woods has been out, ratings have tanked, making it among the cheapest programming on TV during which to place spot ads -- golf shops and "gentlemen's clubs" are probably the only local businesses you'd be bidding against).

Barely a month until you launch (or tee off) -- very exciting!
                    golfheaven Adventurer
                    Thanks I was going to get 10 K postcards printed and hand deliver to business in and around center and also do e mail blast to all contacts i have accumulated the last year also pass them out at chamber of commerce events.
                    With only one simulator to begin with and the max capability for 4 people to play 18 complete holes would require less then 2 hours which i would then try and sell monthly memberships at $195.00 per month and they would get 18 holes weekly plus 2 1/2 hour lessons per month. Since at the begining the facilities will be plain white box for about 6 months or 100 pre sell members i was thinking $95.00 per month to create intrest in long term membership. With 4 simulators i will not go over two hundred members so there will be plenty of time slots for members.

So $10.00 per person per 18 holes at pebble beach good for up to 4 people as into offer

Comments and ideas for generating traffic inexpensively.

Advertise on the local cable golf channel in future when budget can afford it??
                    koz4change Adventurer
                    Once established, start a website and allow people to book tee times online. Also, have promotional surveys and all who fill them out will be entered to win a free round of golf. Use the website to build customer lists and contact customers for further marketing. Check out http://www.TheBlueKingdom.com for web hosting. Good Luck!
                      Xeequa Wayfarer
                      Golfheaven, you were talking about viral marketing - so use the power of the social web.

Promote your own golf club community via social media, use Facebook, Linkedin, twitter wherever your target customers is represented. Create your own golf online community, encourage the members to invite others - give all members access to blogs, forums, etc and let them discuss and share information in your Golfheaven "online golf club" Run the community like a real world golf club with events, information, news, give the golfer the feeling of belonging to Golfheaven -

Have a very successful 2009.

Marita
                      marita.roebkes@xeequa.com