Post a new topic
    9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2009 10:10 AM by Iwrite

lovingthisday Newbie

Hello everyone my name is Nicky Sanchez.

I just started my business about six Months ago, the business is doing ok, but not as good as I want it to be.

I worked in the hospital in patient registration in the ER department.
      I know that a lot of people have no insurance at all.
      We deal with supplemental discount, we also cover even if the patient have pre-existing conditions.
      My husband is not happy because I've invested thousands of dollars into my business, with no return.
      Please help me someone, I"ve done news papers ads, meetings at hotels.
      What can I don next that would bring me the traffic that I need?
        • Re: Healthcare
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Healthcare, Welcome Nicky

I would be happy to help you. Tell me what I can do. It sounds like you need a Marketing Plan.

What kind of business did you start six months ago,

Go to Members page and share some info about you and your business.

Bridge Navigator
            Let's start with the basics:

1) What does your business do (in 30 words or less)?

2) How can I benefit from it?

3) What does ot cost me?

4) Why should I use you versus a competitor?

Once you can answer these questions, you are ready to start making sales calls. At the same time, develop a business plan to refine these thoughts and your overall company goals.

Best of Luck
              caringmedical Newbie
              I have a medical supply company and am in a similar situation. I have been in business for almost a year and I need customers. I thought I would share what came to mind after reading your blog:

Try Hospitals and Doctors Offices. Ask the Office Manager if you can leave brochures for patients that are uninsured or underinsured. How about your former place of employment/co-workers. Would they had out brochures?

Also, do you have any ideas for me? How so I speak to the people who make the decisions for purchasing equipment where you used to work? Any suggestions?

Thanks and good luck!

Caring Medical Group
                  care2excel Wayfarer
                  Hi, Healthcare & caringmedical:

Hope both of you are doing business in So. CA. If so, we could try helping you increase
                  your clientele.

Yes, caringmedical, you are right ---- in our kind of business, we need to tap those hospitals
                  and doctors' clinics; and that is exactly what we are doing. So in addition to the contacts
                  you already have, maybe we could share you some of our contacts, too.

Wishing your business is located in So. CA.

Happy New Year.
                      Iwrite Pioneer
                      Also expand your marketing through a brochure to churches and community organizations - get into the community. Sometimes, the best thing you can do is let the plan work it's way. You need a marketing plan and the answers above are the beginning of a great one. Follow their advice. You can do most of it yourself and come back here and some of us have shown they are willing to advice you. I would try this before spending more money.

Give it more time. It is hard to wait for things to work their way through but plan the work and then work the plan. I am full of cliches today, sorry. I hope this helps.
                        caringmedical Newbie
                        I am in Virginia but I do business all over the country so that will not be a problem. Please email me at We can talk!

I think you wil do very well. Also, try Real Estate Brokers. I am also a licensed Realtor and we are always looking for a way to get a health plan together for an entire brokerage. Call and set up a meeting with the Team Lead or Broker and let them know you can provide them with a new way to get more agents to work for them (an added benefit).

Best Regards,

puzzleman Tracker
                      One of the things that I have noticed is that a lot of people think that just because they started a business, that people will come flocking in to get their product/service.

My company has been located in the St Louis Mo area for over 23 years now, we have been featured on local news shows for the last 4 years during the holiday season, have been on several different radio stations every year for the last 5 years during the holiday season, have had metro newspaper do a full page article about my business with pics, have been in the local community paper every holiday season for the last 3 years, display at all of the major art and craft shows in the St Louis metro area. Not to mention the thousands of customers I have in the metro area. Even with all of this activity in my hometown, I still run into people who have never heard or seen my product.

What I am trying to say is that no matter how great the idea, it all comes down to getting the message out. You can never stop getting it out because as soon as you think you have it covered you will realize that you don't, because someone will have never heard of your service and can use it or know someone who can use it. Think about it this way, everybody knows about McDonalds, Coke, and Budweiser.
                      They keep advertising because they want cusotmers to think of them first when they have a need.

Analyze where your most potential customers would be, (medical offices, churches, car washes, etc.) and pound the pavement getting your message out to them. Don't give up. Remember that for every 10 no's you will get a YES.

LUCKIEST Guide
                          Healthcare, Welcome Nicky

Great answer Jim about keeping your name out in the public.

Like some many of you, I keep talking about SCORE (NOT my business, I am a volunteer) and still get questions like "what is SCORE" ??.

Happy and healthy new year Jim.

Good luck Nicky, LUCKIEST
                            Iwrite Pioneer

Great response. The key to reaching as many people as possible is the variety of delivery system of your message. In other words advertise in as many places ass it makes sense for your business and target audience. Notice that Jim talked about multiple ways of exposure.

The better you understand who your target audience is, where they live, what they watch, what they listen to or read - the better the marketing plan you can develop to reach them.

Advertising is not a luxury for businesses, it is a mandatory for successful business growth. It has to be smart and show an understanding for the target audience.

You have gotten some great insight and advice, I hope it helps.