Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2008 11:23 AM by Lighthouse24

How do we get through to Sales Managers?

dcmarik Wayfarer
      Our company has developed an internet search process that is presently reducing corporate travel costs by 20% to 45% off what business travelers have been paying. We have almost 200 active clients (with a 100% retention rate, the success of the procedure speaks for itself) but are having difficulty getting our message through to the Sales
      managers of small to medium size corporations because of the (obvious and understandable) barriers present to protect them from nuisance calls.

Any company that doesn't want to reduce business travel costs in this down market is missing out on some serious bottom line savings, but if we can't get the offer through to them, they never know what they are missing.

Any suggestions on how to jump the barricades and reach them?

Don Marikovics
      myinhousetravel.com
        • Re: How do we get through to Sales Managers?
          DomainDiva Ranger

You need professional ad help. Contact IWrite another forum member. (I told you this before!!!).
            Lighthouse24 Ranger

You wrote that you can't get through to Sales managers ". . . because of the (obvious and understandable) barriers present to protect them from nuisance calls." In my view, that's one problem right there - the perception that the first contact is a nuisance call (even by your own admission).

Without knowing anything about your marketing and sales tactics, or about your cold call script, I can't suggest any specific changes -- but I would take a careful look at those elements. If you have a genuinely beneficial service and 100 percent satisfaction/retention rate among similar businesses that have used it, then I have to think that there's something problematic about the strategy, method, style, or content of your initial approach to a potential new client.

Hope that helps. Best wishes.
                dcmarik Wayfarer
                As my kids say... No Duh

Show me a sales manager who doesn't have his calls screened against solicitations or who reads his e mails from unknown sources.

We have tried any number of scripts and have used telemarketers as well. I think part of the problem is the "If its too good to be true, then it probably isn't" syndrome.

I guess what I am looking for here are some suggestions on how to present a new concept to prospective clients who are being protected from learning about it by their self imposed "firewalls".
                    Lighthouse24 Ranger
                    Sales managers don't screen their calls so they're "protected from learning" . . . they do it to avoid time-wasters.

When your kids have responded with, "No Duh" (like whatever you just said is ridiculously obvious), were they behaving or acting in a way that would indicate they already knew it before you said it? Probably not, or you wouldn't have bothered.