Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2008 11:26 AM by loan guy

short-term microloan for an entertainment event

msrg12 Newbie
      Hi all, I am in a bit of a rut here I need $1000 by Sunday, Dec 21st(in order to give us 2 soild months for advertising) to get a fairly large event going off the ground. I had a long talk with the venue owner and we would be easily looking around $10,000 gross at the end of the night(500ppl @ $20 a head). I am confident we will be looking more around 1,000+ppl however. I can verify everything, get you in contact with the venue owner(and verify he actually runs the place), the talent we'll have for the night, etc to insure you this is on the up & up and no games are being played. I know this is short notice, but the club owner will be with his family Sunday for the holidays and won't be back for a week, which will eat into advertisment time(and that will effect the turnout), if I have to wait until he gets back. This place books up pretty fast and I want to make sure I can get a good profitable date from them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am sure events/entertainment isn't the most common industry to invest in, but I can say that the sport of MMA is growing like wildfire and shows no signs of slowing down any time soon. I have olympic guys involved(in fact he is training guys currently for 2012) with this and some well-known names of the sport that I won't publicly display here, but I can verify those as well.

For those interested feel free to private message me or send me an email @ midwesternfights@yahoo.com

Thank you for your time,
      Mike
        • Re: short-term microloan for an entertainment event
          Lighthouse24 Ranger

Have you promoted an event like this before? If so, you should be able to find a local investor or sponsor for the amount you're seeking. (To facilitate that, I'd suggest that it be less "vague," especially since time is short -- post the name, date, and location of the planned event.)

If this is your first time, there are almost certainly some related costs that you haven't considered. You might want to ask someone with a little experience at this to take a look at your budget (not the venue owner/manager, by the way).

Good luck!
              msrg12 Newbie
              Yes I have, In fact I have another event the weekend before this event going on already paid for, fully sponsored, and ready to go. The reason I am not hashing out the deep dark details here, Is I like to keep the major details confidental until an NDA is signed and sponsorship/investment details are discussed and I can trust the investor(s) to keep our company details private.

Local sponsors really don't like to sponsor MMA even though it has a high profit margin. If you look at bigger promotions such as the UFC, they have the same problem even though on a good night they are looking at some very high payouts at the end of the event and get huge veiwership ratings that continue to grow exponentially.

As I have said before, all the details/costs are accounted for and I am willing to share them with those looking to invest, but not on a public board. You can email if you want and I will give you the scoop if you wish.
              loan guy Wayfarer
              To all my friends,

PRC works directly with the funding source that
              manages a Private Investor Fund that provides funding for Businesses
              and Real Estate Investors. Who
              are not a bank and do not base funding decisions on credit scores.

cory@walkerlender.com