Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2009 11:09 PM by esigns.com

Free* Vinyl Banner for small businesses

esigns.com Newbie
      www.esigns.com - leading online Vinyl Sign and Banner superstore, is running now a limited special offer - Qualified prospects can get Free* Vinyl Banner sign. See details at http://www.esigns.com/free-banners-signs.html

We are sure in present economy downtime any business can benefit from a free advertising their services in a form of Vinyl Banner

Thank you,
      Esigns.com
        • Re: Free* Vinyl Banner for small businesses
          Lighthouse24 Ranger
          Am I understanding the terms correctly? As I read this, "free" means that I'd pay $9 (for shipping), then before I even know anything about the quality of your work or service, I'd post "valuable information" about you and a link to your website on my website. You'd then have to approve what I posted before you would print the free sign, and finally (the kicker) "We reserve a right to cancel any order without any notice, explanation or reason."

Maybe I should offer the same deal on my latest book to members of this community -- they pay the shipping, post a positive book review on Amazon having never read it, add a link to the book's website on their websites, and then if I approve of what they said, I'll send them the book -- maybe, but I don't actually have to.

This offer achieved one thing -- it made me visit your site. I can't say the terms of the deal left me with a good impression, however. I'm offering that feedback not to be argumentative or critical, but rather because it looks like you have a decent business with the right products and competitive pricing -- and I'm not sure the offer supports that image, or sends the message you really want to send. Just my perception. Best wishes.
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Free Vinyl Banner for small businesses*

So as Lighthouse says, free is NOT FREE

LUCKIEST
              NoBullFunding Scout
              Being the holidays and all, I'm going to assume that our friends at e-signs are trying to be creative in how they promote their business. I like the line of thought, and I think Lighthouse's sentiments will reflect the reaction of many potential customers.

E-sign, I think this is a good idea. Just tweak it by offering full disclosure on the shipping cost, and ask for a "review" after the product has been shipped, and get rid of the "we reserve the right to do whatever we want" clause. Maybe just make it a limited time offer or limit the number of banners you'll do under this deal? That will solve the issue of getting more requests than you want to honor.
                esigns.com Newbie

thank you for the criticism,

can someone give us some practical advise and help how to recreate this page to be more attractive and appropriate?

I do have to have very strong limiting disclaimer on that page, I think i need to have a right to reject anything coming from the page. There are many safety, security and moral reasons for that.

also, I need to hold responsible free banner customers for the link obligation somehow. My first thought was - show me the link, and we'll send the sign. Obviously it was not well thought through concept. Can someone suggest how to rewrite it for a win-win situation.

And the banner will be on me :)