Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2008 11:34 PM by andy43232

legal, social, economic

andy43232 Wayfarer

Question 1 . Environmental factors such as competition, politics, laws, economics, social practices, and local culture can all have an important impact upon business success. During the next 5 years, which do you think will have the most important impact on your used book business? Why?

Describe the basic environments (legal, social, economic) in which a business operates.

Question 2 . What are financial information systems and what do they do? What kind of financial information system will you use when you start your used book business? How will you use the information that you obtain from it?

Identify basic concepts regarding money and banking, financial management, stock and bond markets, and risks involved in business. Discuss the changing factors that could influence business in the future.

I have my answer. I want to see how it compare to others
        • Re: legal, social, economic
          Lighthouse24 Ranger
          Question. Is this for an actual business or some type of term project at school?

If you are seeking information because you own or are buying/investing in a specific business, then the community could provide more useful input if you provided more infromation about that business/store.

On the other hand, if this is for some type of project, you might consider posting parts of your answer and asking the community for feedback on those. I'm sure that many of us would be willing to help strengthen and improve your answer, but not as many will have the time or inclination to draft answers from scratch to such broad questions.

Just a suggestion that might help you get what you need, whichever of the above is the case.

Iwrite Pioneer
              Agreed. These questions are too broad and feel like part of a paper.
                andy43232 Wayfarer
                I am doing a bio on starting a business on my used book store and looking at all aspects.
                I ask qustions for me and not school work
                why things are now I have to know and getting all answers

the few things I like to know is if Environmental factors such as competition, politics, laws, economics, social practices, and local culture can all have an important impact upon business success. Who would you Describe the basic environments (legal, social, economic) in which a business operates.
                    andy43232 Wayfarer

How would I Identify basic concepts regarding money and banking, financial management, stock and bond markets, and risks involved in my business.

yes i am planning on starting a small business
                    these are questions I am asking
                        Lighthouse24 Ranger
                        I THOUGHT this seemed familiar . . . you've asked similar questions before. My reply there was:

What TYPE of used book business and where? The guy who digs books out of dumpsters and hauls leftover books away after garage sales, and then posts them on eBay or Amazon, is in the used book business. The guy who owns the hundred-year-old used book store downtown that's a major tourist attraction is also in the used book business. There are thousands of used book businesses between those two extremes. All are affected in different ways by different environmental factors. In general, all the things you listed can have an important impact on a used book business. Being more specific about those impacts means being more specific about the business.

You never answered -- just made a new post with more questions. Again, unless you share some business details, it's not possible to provide meaningful answers to the questions you're asking. I'm sincerely trying to help (I'm a business consultant, a partner in a publishing firm, and have a major book/magazine distributor as a client -- so I know a little about the business of selling books -- and others in this community do, as well.) If you really want input, however, you'll have to provide some detailed information about the business you're planning.