Post a new topic
    13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2008 5:34 PM by Lighthouse24

Do you manage people -- or know someone who does?

Lighthouse24 Ranger

If so, you're invited to preview of my latest book, A Pirate Captain's Guide to Leadership (How to turn "workplace pirates" into motivated and productive employees) at:

http://piratecaptainsguide.com/

There you can read Part I (the first four chapters) and hear/watch seven additional audiobook/webcast chapters, as well. Yes, for free -- and no, you don't need to "register" or provide an e-mail address.

If you decide to purchase (for yourself or as a gift), you can do so via the website -- or if you don't trust PayPal, you can buy it from Amazon at:

http://www.amazon.com/Pirate-Captains-Guide-Leadership-productive/dp/0982057601/

I joined this community over a year ago and of my 2,000+ posts, this is the very first one promoting anything that I have a financial interest in. Trust me, I won't make a habit of it -- but I did want to let other SBOC members know about this book. I'm proud of it, and truly believe it will benefit anyone who leads or manages people.

Thanks for checking it out!
      Doug (Lighthouse24)
        • Re: Do you manage people -- or know someone who does?
          Iwrite Pioneer
          Nice read! I need to come back to hear the final chapter but I wanted to let you know that I enjoyed what I heard so far. I am already envisioning the marketing tools to go along with it!!

Thank you for the opportunity to read it. I really enjoyed it.

Iwrite
          Derek Walker
            LUCKIEST Guide
            A Pirate Captain's Guide to Leadership

I thoroughly enjoyed exploring your amazing website. Nice job and kudos to you on the book.
            It is wonderful to see someone I respect and enjoy reading, whose posting I have gained so much from, move to another level of fame.
            Can I send you my check and get an autographed copy.

LUCKIEST
              STRAIGHTALK Adventurer
              Yes actually, I have met alot of people that are leaders, Speaker, and Motivators mentors. Some do small projects and other do Multi company seminars.. I have not read Your article but if it has potential as the modarator of this site said in his comments to this post. I think Your material could be of Great benifit On http://www.sta.rtup.biz !!

This is a New website, it has grown 15,000 members in 3 weeks and almost evryone there are in need of material like Yours.. I'm sure if you join it could be a hit... Oh it's a free site and easy to set up about 30 minutes..

If you like I can make an Introduction.. very clean and well written unless you have something you can E-mail me and I will broadcast it for You before You Join.. and You should be able to take it from there..

I have been there about a month and a half I'm a SUP Member, I've been here not even 48 hours and I'm on the front page (of user areas I think). trust me..However, Success comes with hard, hard work!

STRAIGHTALK
              Norman Flecha
              (754) 244- 7376
                  Lighthouse24 Ranger
                  Thanks for the info, straightalk. You may be misinterpreting the reason for my post here.

I'm a regular contributor here, and just wanted to announce this book to my fellow SBOC community members who manage people (or maybe need a Christmas gift for someone who does). Posting here was not a part of some larger web-based marketing campaign -- it's more like me telling my neighbors about something I'm proud of.

Thanks for your interest.
                      STRAIGHTALK Adventurer
                      Ok, so You say...

But lets Read this again...

If so, you're invited to preview of my latest book, A Pirate Captain's Guide to Leadership (How to turn "workplace pirates" into motivated and productive employees) at:

http://piratecaptainsguide.com/

There you can read Part I (the first four chapters) and hear/watch
                      seven additional audiobook/webcast chapters, as well. Yes, for free --
                      and no, you don't need to "register" or provide an e-mail address.

FROM HERE ON OUT YOU ARE SELLING YOUR BOOK AND TRYING TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU DID IT!

BUT NO LINKS TO THE MATERIAL IT SELF SO WHY WOULD I GO AND THINK YOU WERE SELLING

If you decide to purchase (for yourself or as a gift), you can do so
                      via the website -- or if you don't trust PayPal, you can buy it from
                      Amazon at:

http://www.amazon.com/Pirate-Captains-Guide-Leadership-productive/dp/0982057601/

I joined this community over a year ago and of my 2,000+ posts, this is the very first one
                      promoting anything that I have a financial interest in. Trust me, I
                      won't make a habit of it -- but I did want to let other SBOC members
                      know about this book. I'm proud of it, and truly believe it will
                      benefit anyone who leads or manages people.

Thanks for checking it out!
                      Doug (Lighthouse24)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mean, You really was not selling nothing.... But you say this is the very first promoting anything of Financial Intrest to You! Hummmmmmmmmm Now If I mislead You to think of masive sales for YOUR Book.. Then I guess I need to Go back and learn English...

Sorry but I AM CALLED STRAIGHTALK! And trust Me It's for a reason...

Any way back to my misinterpretation of YOU!

I would of put link to all Free versions rather the one to an Amazon Store! Second I would of stayed focused and Offer the Entire production to all Members of Your Personal Group here on SBOC or To those Who responded to You... ON A WEBSITE OR THROUGH YOUR NEWSLETTER YOU HAVE ONE RIGHT??

But I see that You are more intrested in Looking for trouble than reading and learning... Question how many post You said You had 2000 how many ever brought Your website Traffic or as YOU would say brought Your PROUD Book Audience..

The Advice or better said the reference I made onto You was promotion My dear... I simply offered You a way of meeting New people and Socializing Your service, product. However, THE WAY You wanted to go about it Was your problem I DID STATE that clearly in my comment.

So you don't have to dis Me because You now see that I have given You an Avenue for poential Whatever You would call it! I'm Proud for You and Your book and wanted the best for You as A new member Of a website should do...

Man You didn't even try to contact Me and ask Me or explain to me your confussion.. You simply dis Me on Live Web!! Not cool !

Anyway, forgot to say I do read and learn from mistakes I'm ever So SORRY for Making You think that Money was the only way to my suggestions..

But if I recall the ONLY person talking about MONEY has Been YOU!! in your POST and In your Comment..

STRAIGHTALK
                      Norman Flecha
                      (754) 244-7376
                          Lighthouse24 Ranger
                          I didn't intend to "dis" you. I just didn't feel that we were on the same page -- and I still don't.

You noted yourself that you hadn't read the book. Site stats confirm that you haven't previewed any of the chapters on the book's website. The book has not been shipped to your address. So when I read you initial message, I thanked you for your suggestions, and tried to clarify that I didn't make the post in order to solicit marketing ideas or SEO services or anything else -- I just wanted to tell the business owners in this community who lead and manage people about something that might really help them. That's it.

I must say, this has been very interesting. So far (a little 24 hours), no one here has ordered the book, but I've received 1,423 e-mails (and counting) from people telling how they have just the thing to help sell it. Again, I appreciate the input and don't mean to "dis" anyone who is trying help -- it's just not the way I'm marketing this release.

Thanks again.
                              STRAIGHTALK Adventurer
                              Do Me & You a favor...

Take Me of Your Stats list because I don't have No one to manage But Myself...
                              (nice cause it lets Me say what I have too with out holding back)
                              and I never said to You I have something 'Which can Help You' or 'I can Help You with'..

1.) I gave you a link to a website "which is not mine".

2.) I was providing the Informantion You solicited world wide!

Was this Not Your request In a Social Media Forum::

"Do you manage people -- or know someone who does"

Please You have been here doing What I don't know.. But if You are selling Sell If you are offering the Darn thing Do it with dignaty silly and please learn to think before You speak.

You are not making any sence, at all and wonder why You have so many E-mails offering You help which I'm must certain You can Use..

Come clean to the point Quit beating the Bush don't You see the economy is bad enough and being fooled is not part of the game... Heads up! been there, and Done did that, guess I did that Too!

STRAIGHTALK
                              Norman Flecha
                              (754) 244- 7376
                            STRAIGHTALK Adventurer
                            When I'm proud of something I have done an want to show it Off to others for the Glory of feeling great inside..

I DON'T PLACE LINKS, WORDS, OR ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER RELATED TO MONEY... SO ARE YOU PROUD OF YOUR BOOK AND TRULY WANT TO SHARE IT..

REMINDER I NEVER MENTION MONEY!!

I DID SAY IN MY COMMENT PROMOTE / BROADCAST!!

I DO LIVE TALK SHOWS ON THE WEB AND RADIO !!

YOU HAVE BEEN THE ONLY ONE TALKING ABOUT MONEY

IN YOUR POST AND IN YOUR COMMENT..

NOT ME! SO, "WHO THE CAP FIT LET HIM WEAR IT"!

Happy Holidays Mr.Lighthouse24

Was just trying to help ... HoHoHo merry Xmas dude!

STRAIGHTALK
                            Norman Flecha View Profile
                            (754) 244-7376