Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2008 1:01 PM by LUCKIEST

Opening a bar and grill

ryanvb Newbie
      i am looking into opening a bar and grill and need some help writing a business plan. i have some wonderful idea and just need help puting them on paper. a business plan outline would be really helpful.

thanks much
      ryan
        • Re: Opening a bar and grill
          NoBullFunding Scout
          Contact your local SCORE chapter and then can help you for free. You can pay someone to write it for you, but you should really be involved in the process yourself since it will help you work out the "hows" of your business idea.
              NoBullFunding Scout

Also, before you spend time on a business plan, it's important to know that you'll need to have cash to put into the deal. As good a tool as the business plan will be for you, a lender wants to see you have some financial risk in the deal. If this is a true startup, you'll need to have alternative sources of income (like from a spouse) that demonstrates the ability to repay even i the venture fails.
              retailconcept Wayfarer
              Hi Ryan:

Not sure if you are seeking professional assistance with your concept development and business plan but I am retail coach and work with brick and mortar start-ups (retail, restaurants etc.) to help them make the best decisions for their businesses and guide them through the entire planning and opening process. We work with clients all of the time to develop business plans to help define their strategy and to serve as an important tool for gaining leverage with secondary partners such as investors, landords, banks etc. If you are interested in learning more, you can check out or website (www.retailconcepts.com). We also have a high-level business planning checklist that you can view through this link http://www.retailconcepts.com/businessPlanning.html

Congratulations on getting started on your concept and best of luck!

Retail Concepts
              www.retailconcepts.com
                eeon.net Wayfarer
                You will need a website for the bank to see, your vendors to review, and your customers to visit. We can help. And we know what we are doing. Check us out at

http://www.moralstorm.com/ Crank up the volume and enjoy. Then give us a call to discuss where to go from here!

CLA
                  LUCKIEST Guide
                  Opening a bar and grill, Welcome Ryan

As NoBull said, SCORE is a GREAT source of information and is FREE. You can visit SCORE in person or online. SCORE also has FREE a Virtual Learning Center.

Good luck, LUCKIEST