Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2008 2:24 PM by louann48

Environmental factors

andy43232 Wayfarer
      having a used book store. What Environmental factors such as competition, politics, laws, economics, social practices, and local culture can all have an important impact upon business success. Let say During the next 5 years, which do you think will have the most important impact on my used book business? Why?
        • Re: Environmental factors
          Lighthouse24 Ranger
          When you say, "my used book business" it sounds like you're seeking an answer that's specific to your enterprise -- in which case, you'll need to provide more information about that enterprise and it's operating environment. Profile (or describe) your current business operation, and highlight any growth plans or operational changes that you expect to implement during the next five years. From that, perhaps members of this community can outline at least some of the factors that are likely to have the greatest potential positive and negative impacts.
              andy43232 Wayfarer
              If I put it this way

What Environmental factors such as competition, politics, laws, economics, social practices, and local culture can all have an important impact upon business success. Let say During the next 5 years, which do you think will have the most important impact on a used book business? Why?
                  Lighthouse24 Ranger
                  What TYPE of used book business and where? The guy who digs books out of dumpsters and hauls leftover books away after garage sales, and then posts them on eBay or Amazon, is in the used book business. The guy who owns the hundred-year-old used book store downtown that's a major tourist attraction is also in the used book business. There are thousands of used book businesses between those two extremes. All are affected in different ways by different environmental factors. In general, all the things you listed can have an important impact on a used book business. Being more specific about those impacts means being more specific about the business.
                    louann48 Newbie
                    andy i am doing a project in school and your question is the exact same as mine. So ya think that local culture will be the main impact? You can say positive or negitive. Also do you know where we can get more information in order to help us both?
                  ditzymomma Newbie
                  in response to andy, I am curious as to if you are taking a class at a certain college? Reason I ask is that your post is the exact phrasing and question that my current instuctor wrote for an assignment due this week. Is this a coincedence?