Post a new topic
    16 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2010 12:01 AM by SEO.SEM.Geek

Which links counts?

unclefester Wayfarer
      I have only been trying to get my business's recognized on the internet for about a month now. One is a construction firm and the other is a photography business. I thought that I was doing pretty good at getting links established only to find out that it is not working. I have been submitting my company's to places like yellow pages online, contractor referral company's, craigs list, and art gallery sites. I did the links test from google link: and it showed no links on the photography business and like 5 on the construction business. What am I doing wrong.
      If it will help I will post the URL's.
        • Re: Which links counts?
          your_web_guy Adventurer
          probably nothing.

google takes a while to index things and even longer to update their information in back links and page rank etc...

the only link that might not count is if they have some kind of click tracker that is inbetween the link and your site itsself. The best way to find out if this is the case is to hover your mouse over the link and see what shows up in the status bar of your browser (usually the lower left hand corner), if its then its a direct link and google bot will appriciate it. If it says somthing like or some veriation thereof or even worse just a whole bunch of crap that you cant read then googlebot will prolly get lost in it too.

hope that helps :)
            your_web_guy Adventurer
            on another note, i just noticed you use frames on your website... dont do that. Google indexes pages not domains. to google your site is going to look like this:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tr><td>

<p align="center">

</td></tr><!--msnavigation--></table><!--msnavigation--><table dir="ltr" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tr><td valign="top" width="1%"> </td><td valign="top" width="24"></td><!--msnavigation--><td valign="top">
            <p>This page uses frames, but your browser doesn't support them.

and it will only be one page because there are no links to follow on that page.
              websolutions Tracker
              hey Uncle, your site has frames, one of the biggest mistakes you can make in SEO. Show me a link example on another site and I will see what you are doing wrong.

Have you installed sitemap.xml, google web masters account?

Best. WS
              Certified SEO Master
                SEO.SEM.Geek Adventurer
                Your URL registered by godaddy so you may use godaddy google sitemap to visible your website in Google.

There are some major issues in your website:

You have title tag which is need to be review if there are two sentence seperate them with comma or |
                You have keywords in your index.htm or home page which iss too long and to compare to your content it is not relevent as search engine point of view. Try to keep your keywords up to 20.
                You dont have description tag in your home page. Try to write something related to your title, keyword and content.

As a rule your title, description, keyword and content must be related to each other and support each other.

You dont have sitemap.xml you need it.

You dont have robot.txt you need it too.

For directory submission you need to submitt your website in major search engine and directory which are Google, Yahoo, Dmoz

Try to use google webmaster tools if it is hard try godady google sitemap.

After first submission it may take 3-6 weeks to show up in search result

I searched for eyresinphotography in google your site show up but it need some optimization and review.

Good Luck