Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2008 9:27 PM by wealthpro

I need to write a thank you letter for my customers.

andremayer Newbie
      Hello, I need to write a letter of appreciation for the customers that my company services on a regular basis, just don't know what's the best option.
        • Re: I need to write a thank you letter for my customers.
          Iwrite Pioneer
          A nice hand-written note expressing your thanks. Keep it simple and honest.

Welcome to the community!!
            Lighthouse24 Ranger

Expanding on the above . . . if you know the recipient personally, a handwritten note on a foldover is most appropriate. If you've never met and only know the recipient indirectly as a customer, then it can be typed on company letterhead.

Regardless of the format . . . be brief -- state what it is you are acknowledging, use a positive trigger word early like "appreciation" or "gratitude," give a specific example (or relate an anecdote) of the actions or behaviors that you appreciated, and close with a forward-looking remark about your future business relationship.

Be sincere (don't overdo it), and don't add additional information like payment reminders or sales offers -- stick to the point (i.e., saying "thank you").

Hope that helps. Best wishes.
                HireMe Newbie
                How big is your mailing list? maybe hand writen isn't best. Use recycled paper.
                    Lighthouse24 Ranger
                    A handwritten note will be perceived as more sincere, and a hand addressed/stamped envelope is more likely to be opened. But yes, when that's impractical, a computer printed and/or bulk-mailed "Thank You" is certainly better than not saying thank you at all.
                        Iwrite Pioneer
                        There are more personal fonts you can use if the volume is too high but if you really want to go the extra mile, I think a handwritten note is the best. You don't have to do them all at once. Do 5 - 10 a day. I think we underestimate the power of personalization can have on the relationship between a business and its customers.

I know how I receive a handwritten note over even a printed letter with a fake signature on it. If I don't like it why should I expect my customers or clients to like it?

Yes, it is extra work and consumes some of your time but look at the message it sends. Some things cannot be measured in dollars and cents but that doesn't make them any less important. In hard economic times, you'll find customers who like you will be less likely to stop using you. And they may even begin to tell others about you - how much is that worth?

There are valid points for both sides.
                    Bluesuit Adventurer
                    These days it's so refreshing to get a hand written note! I'm so glad to hear that some people are still saying Thanks the old fashioned way.
                      Howard Adventurer
                      I'm sending my best customers a "Seasons Greetings" postcard with a personalized msg.
                        wealthpro Wayfarer
                        I have a great idea...

I use a system called "Send Out Cards" in my business. My customers get a personalized thank you card after they make a purchase. I also send out holiday greeting cards.

You can actually create your own handwriting font and the company will load it into the system along with your signature. Many people scan their business card and uplod it into the card.

Send Out Cards works like this...

You log into your contact manager and choose a person or a group to send a card to. Then you select a card from the thousands that are available in the card manager. You then type a heartfelt message in your own handwriting and upload pictures if you want. You then hit send and the card is printed, stuffed into an envelope, stamped and mailed through the postal mail.

You can also include many different gifts with the card. It is an awesome system. Oh yes, the cost of the card is 62 cents plus normal postage. If you add images, it is 93 cents. You can't beat that!

If you want to try the system out, you can send a couple of free cards with no obligation. Just go here:

http://www.sendoutcards.com/freedemo

-David