Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2008 2:34 PM by Elite1

Re: What is your leadership challenge?

Largine Newbie
      My leadership challenge is motivation of employees.
        • Re: What is your leadership challenge?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          What is your leadership challenge, Welcome.

Who are you?? Where are you??

Go to Members page and share some info.

How many employees?? and what do they do??

Talk to me, LUCKIEST
          • Re: What is your leadership challenge?
            Elite1 Adventurer
            I have been a marshmallow!

My first year in my downtown office, I did all the tax returns and had one secretary. During her twelve week job, she took three weeks off to travel! I was swamped. Luckily, my mother-in-law saw my predicament and voluntarily stepped in to help. To my shame, I allowed my secretary to keep her job. During the next tax season, she went to the post office to mail some envelopes... and ended up at the bar. Once again, I got lucky. A friend stopped by to see how things were going, and started answering the phone and taking care of the line at the desk. (That secretary doesn't work for me anymore.)

Unfortunately, I obviously hadn't learned my lesson. My third year I hired a bookkeeper. She worked on projects she preferred before those assigned. She gave me her two weeks notice 10 days before the end of tax season. (I was ready to fire her anyway, so I was relieved that she made the first move.) I suggested we just end our business relationship on April 15th. She agreed. Then she turned around and invited me to a Pampered Chef party she was planning. I was excited. I love their products. When I asked when the party was, she responded "April 15th". Without even thinking, I spun around and blurted out..."Do you know where you work?"

I have learned my lesson and will no longer be a marshmallow! I won't be mean, but I will be strict. There are plenty of people out there looking for jobs. Those who don't want to work will be replaced with those who do.

Elite Financial Services, LLC