Post a new topic
    12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2009 7:57 PM by mamapr

Seek help! How to promote my handmade ceramic jewelry.

cicichina Wayfarer
      Hi, everybody, I've just found this website and expected an opportunity.
      I'm a ceramic arts major on campus making both sculpture and functional ceramics at usual time. And I love making ceramic jewelry too. I hope I can sell out my handmade ceramic jewelry so that to afford the expense. But I don't know how and where to promote and sell. So I need your advice and ideas. And partners are also good to me.
        • Re: Seek help! How to promote my handmade ceramic jewelry.
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Seek help!, Welcome Cici

If I was a ceramic arts person and I wanted to promote my handmade ceramic jewelry

I would do two things.

One, Develop a web site. Two, Develop a Business and Marketing Plan.

Talk to me more about being your partner, LUCKIEST
              mediadave Newbie
              You know Cici, have you considered promoting your business through a kiosk such as what you find within the malls. The cost is lower than renting permanent space & it's a good way to get your product noticed.
              For sure you need a website, no question.
              I'd also be inclined to contact my local arts center's, libraries (where they often display artist's work), etc...
              You've got to get out there & promote yourself. Find your audience in order to build your client base.
              Best of Luck

Dave Richardson
              With MediaRECOVER <a href="http://www.mediarecover.com/">data recovery software</a> and services recovery of lost files from all digital camera media and hard drives is easy.
              puzzleman Tracker
              Hello Cicichina, Welcome to the forum.

I would suggest that you start selling your jewelry locally at art and craft shows. This allows you the opportunity to talk with potential customers one on one, learn what they like and don't like and be able to identify where you customer base demographics are located. As far as a website, I understand from friends that also do jewelry that it is hard to put each piece on the web. I think that you should put each piece up on a website (cheap starter ones are available at GoDaddy.com), then direct your customers and potential customers to your site to purchase additional items or the one they were thinking about.

This is how I started out many years ago and I have been able to continually grow my business.
              I started out as a part time business and several years ago made it a full time occupation with several employees.

Jim
                  cicichina Wayfarer
                  Thank you all for the kind advice, especially you, Jim. I have a not good expecience on website selling. I sell my handmade ceramic jewelry every saturday, sometimes it does well, sometimes I'm not so lucky. Yeah, I should to learn how to adapt to the market know what people like. I'm from China. I expect an opportunity in USA, but many websites need to pay prehand. I have no US dollars and I have no much money to advertise for my jewelry. If there were a partner in USA, I'd rather he earned better than me.
                      My_Lan Adventurer
                      Hi cicichina,

One thing your going to need to some money to help you with your jewerly. You should copy right your jewelry so no one can steal your designs and resell them. I think copyrights cost $35 dollars per copyright. Another thing you should have is business cards. When you travel to art shows or wherever you sell your jewelry, carry those and hand them out to people can contact you later if they don't want to buy it then and there. Also on your business card, you should have a website so people can look at other designs you have and order them online. What is most important is building up your network which can help you market your jewerly.

We can help you with the web design part at:
                      http://www.my-lan.us/services/web_design/

And a small faq for starting a website is here:
                      http://www.my-lan.us/services/web_design/faq.php
                    jacobsamb Newbie

Hello Cicichina,
                    My company offers advertising services. I could help you come up with an effective and profitable advertising plan. Having an advertising plan can help you make money and sell your cermaic jewelry to more people. Contact me to day at latrisha@jacobsamb.com. Good Luck!
                      artforart Wayfarer
                      cicichina: I am always interested in artists who have a product and ask the question how can I find a marketplace, and this remains a difficult question because matching the artistic piece with a proper venue can be hard, and it requires just as much time finding the gallery, store, venue that can actually produce sales and profit. than it does to create the works, such as your handmake ceramic jewelry. Since my business is in art, the creation and sales thereof, with emphisis on community awareness of art, I am immediately interested in your question and assume that working on campus means you are a student, and that you might have more than ceramic jewelry to promote.
                      *I can hardly promise that ceramic jewelry would be marketable in our area, but then who would have given a creative artists any chance of survival in Arkansas, therefore, I can only suggest that you visit our rather primative website at: www.mainstreetgalleryarts.org and contact me online with an inquiry. Mention cicichina, or smallbusiness online community for my attention. The best I could propose would be a commission consignment agreement, but look closely at our mission statement page to get an idea that we are not setting the world on fire with sales, but then, we have not be online with Bank of America, very long. Keep in touch, Sincerly, artforart. *
                        jasonlai Wayfarer

hi cicichina

my name jasonlai i own website www.useful4life.com if your ceramic jewelry useful for life i will free designs banner for you and post to www.useful4life.com i just need donate only.

look like you dont have website yet right. i can create for you website, after that you can advertise on magazine or tv. anything can be happen cicichina

right now i have promotion for basic website: designs logo, banner, layout website, form contract, map, images, paypal setup, forum and more only $299 incluse domain & hosting for 1 year.

this is my sevice website www.jasonlai.com
                        are you china cici i can speak some kind of chinese language too.
                          simon07 Wayfarer
                          hello there. my wife is into jewelry making as well. in fact, I posted a question on here asking for help and ideas too. here's the link to my original question

she wants to start a jewelry making business

Good luck.
                            jeni3am Newbie
                            hi cicichina ...

Depending on the size of your sculpute and ceramics, maybe try ebay. If you need help listing your pieces, please contact me at jeni3am@roadrunner.com ... I'm an artist myself and have good luck selling.

Thank you,
                            jeni3am
                              mamapr Newbie
                              Hi Cicichina!

If you are still trying to market your jewelry, have you since created a blog/newsletter, built a customer email selling on sites such as Artfire and Etsy? I work with new/small businesses who are seeking help in this area; Affordable marketing/advertising/PR solutions. Please view my profile.

All the best!

Nic