Post a new topic
    14 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2009 10:01 PM by Santa Fe CPA

    Becoming a Nonprofit in New Mexico

    AutumRM Wayfarer

      My name is Autum and I run an organization called Friends For Troops (

      I want to become a nonprofit organization and tax exempt. I know that I have to write articles of incoprations, bylaws, file for tax exemption,an employee id etc etc i just dont know how to go about it. I cant find the tax exempt papers, i dont know what does and does not apply to me, and i want to do this without a lawyer. I cannot afford a lawyer or file some of the paperwork and I don't know what I am supposed to do. I have read many many websites, including the IRS website and it seems like the more i read the more confused I become.


      Please help!