Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2008 11:30 AM by feizal

delivery of items purchased online

feizal Newbie
      I am planning to start an online retail business selling items of different categories. At the beginning my main customers will be the local residents. My question is, how will I proceed with delivery of the items all over the island so that the transport cost does not affect my profits? Should I delegate this to somebody else ? Should i charge customers living far from me for the transport cost?Please help me
        • Re: delivery of items purchased online
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Delivery of items purchased online, Welcome

WHAT ISLAND??, Who are you?? Where are you??

How soon do you plan on starting this retail business??

Good luck, LUCKIEST
            TopSavingsNet Wayfarer
            In many cases, customers do in fact pay shipping and handling for products. I might state however that this is in the United States where customers do this. I am not sure the business customs that Indian customers are accustomed to. If you don't know either, which it seems apparent, I suggest you research your local competition or nearest competition to see how they are currently processing orders. This can sometimes be done by doing a checkout and seeing what terms and conditions will apply for the purchase.
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
              intechspecial Ranger
              If I might ask a question of you.

It seems you are trying to approach a local market with a tool that allows you a world-wide reach.

Have you thought about focusing your efforts on a global level, or a specific country?

Just a thought.

Welcome to the community, and please keep us updated.

feizal Newbie
                  You are partly right. I am focusing on the local market to begin with as my capital is limited and also once I acquire more experience I will do it on a gobal level which is my objective.
                  I am forced to do it as I am new in this business and also Mauritius is quite far from USA and European countries. So I guess my prices may not be competitive as the shipping cost may be quite high.