This discussion is locked
Post a new topic
76 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2009 1:59 PM by golfheaven RSS

Help Please

golfheaven Novice
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all has anyone have any knowledge of Lfreeman on this site looks like he is a investor or so he states in the few post he has responded to. I replied to one of his post and he sent loi thru my site. I would appreciate any info or guidence,
  • Re: Help Please
    ggoodard Novice
    I had a successfull transaction with him.
      golfheaven Novice
      Thanks that is good to know can you elaborate on your transaction
        ggoodard Novice
        No I can't. I executed a NDA tht precludes me from speaking about the transaction. I can tell you that the transaction was 7 digits and went smoothly. He does what he says he is going to do when he says he will do it.

I can only recommend him with the highest regard.

Good Luck in your venture
        1Shakira Newbie
        Looking at ggoddard's post doesn't sit well with me because he claims to have done a deal with L Freeman, but has only been a member on the site since November 29th, 2008. I was contacted by L Freeman also and received a Letter of Interest and bank routing #s to a BB&T branch in Florida. In all, I am not sure if he is fraudulent; however, he wanted $2500 upfront and stated if an agreement cannot be reached the money would be returned less his attorneys' fees. In my opinion an investor who deals in large amounts of money would have an attorney on a retainer, the refund still could be up to his discretion because he could state his attorney fees were any given amount (say $1900 for example), or he could purposely not go through with the deal and keep my full $2500.

I would rather be charged the fee, have it taken off the top of the loan amount, and still finance the full amount.

Ex. $100,000 - $2500 = $97,500 dispersed to my business // Full amt. of loan + agreed upon interest rate = $100,000 + interest due on the loan to L Freeman

I didn't pose this senario to him. I just didn't contact him back.

Hope this helps.
        1Shakira Newbie

I saw ggoddard's reply and it didn't sit well with me. He claims to have done a deal with L Freeman, but has only been a member since November 29th.

I was contacted by L Freeman and was emailed a Letter of Interest and bank acct and routing #s to a BB&T in Florida.

He wanted $2500 upfront. That didn't sit well with me, so I didn't contact him back.

Hope this helps.
          golfheaven Novice
          Shakira:

Thank you for your reply.I have the same concerns and some. I might ask for a escrow account and some form of acconting approval before funds are disbursed if I go that route.
            Iwrite Master
            I think caution is called for here. I am no finance expert, but I don't know any business that would not want to disclose that they are actually a business and do what they say. The fact that the individual cannot tell you something - tells you a lot. Be careful. This does not feel right.

Due diligence is your best protection.
              golfheaven Novice
              Yes due diligence is the best route. How about a matching escrow fund for DD to proceed
                Iwrite Master
                As long as your attorney and accountant sign of on them. Leave nothing to chance or interpretation. Good luck.
                  Iwrite Master
                  "Off". I meant "off" not of. My bad.
                    golfheaven Novice
                    Definitely the right way to go
                      Iwrite Master
                      I still think this is a very cool idea. Let me know when you are thinking about redesigning your website and I'll put you in touch with some really good folks in Atlanta that you can work with.
                        golfheaven Novice
                        I have had a conversation with Mike @ Freeits about the direction I would like to go and he was very helpful with his advice.
                        If time is a issue with him I will ask for your folks in Atl.
                          apparelmaster Newbie
                          Hi Golfheaven,

I am in the same position. Are you going to proceed?
                            golfheaven Novice
                            I am considering it if i can wrap my mind around the proper structure for us both.
                              apparelmaster Newbie
                              what email can I contact you? Maybe we can figure out the situation together :)
                                golfheaven Novice
                                If you click on my profile go to web site and contact me. I will respond thru personel email give your number if you want to talk
                                Moof94 Newbie

O.K. let me help all of you guys out. I have been in contact with Mr. LFreeman. I have done my own checking, he checks out legit on alot of things. It is really a hard choice to make. I have spoke with a business advisor and a lot of business associates about this. He own's a yacht charter company that has been registered with the state of Florida since 2006 all of his contact info checks out. He has not misled me in anyway. I am very uncomfortable about the upfront fee (RED FLAG) I have approached him regarding an escrow, he refused to allow it. (RED FLAG) he did however give me two email addresses for references. Both emails were "gmails" (RED FLAG) I emailed his 2 references that would only speak to me through emails (RED FLAG) Strange as it may be the first email quoted word for word the post that ggoodard posted. "he will do what he says he will do, when he says he will do it". coinsidence? (RED FLAG). The second reference seemed seperate until I asked for information on them. Of course they went straight to the "I signed an NDA". The first reference he gave me could not give me a contact number or a business name or industry. The second reference was willing to at least fill me in on what industry she was in. She "disassembles, ships and re-assembles pipe organs globally" again, just like ggoodard, coinsidence? (RED FLAG). I is very clear that these people are all the same person. So tonight I met with my attorney, I showed him all of the emails, all the posts on the forums, all of lfreeman's business info. My lawyer say all the red flags that I did but then some. He told me in all of his years as a lawyer is has never seen an NDA that was so restricting (RED FLAG) He told me that he had just closed a 2 million dollar deal and never were any fee's asked of the company receiving the investment (RED FLAG). He explained to me that anybody looking to invest in a company will have the funds for "due diligence" and should never ask for those fee's to be paid. My lawyer told me to stay away from this guy, unless...... He lifts some of the NDA restrictions (which he can do) and allows his last 3 deals to speak with me and disclose there business and contact information so I can check on them. He told me that anybody who was being legit would have no problem doing that, and should have done that as soon as I expressed my reluctancy. I have asked him to do this through an email. I have not had a response as of yet, but it is late so we will see how he responds in the morning. The scam my lawyer can see here is, you pay $2500.00 for his "due diligence" with no promise of funding and he takes you $2500.00 and never funds anybody. Quick $2500.00 per "sucker". I really am crossing my fingers that lfreeman is for real and will lift his NDA restrictions. I would have no problem giving this a shot if he would only cooperate. Good Luck to everybody hope this helps.
                                  golfheaven Novice
                                  Thank you for your insight seems he is fishing quite a bit. I will proceed only with caution if i decide it would be a feasible situation for i have people in jacksonville to hand deliver funds.
                                    Moof94 Newbie

Good Luck, Keep us posted, I will do the same.
                                      apparelmaster Newbie
                                      Thanks a bunch, I will keep you posted as well!
                                        Moof94 Newbie

O.K. I have made my decision. I terminated my relationship with Mr. LFreeman this morning. He replied to my request by ridiculing me for using an attorney. Then told me the only way he would allow me to contact his references is for me to send him at least $800.00. A business man on the up and up would not do that, they would probably commend you for trying to protect the business that they are so interested in investing in. Somebody on the up and up would be understanding not upset. So based on my experience this guy is not for real. He is not seriouse about investing any money in any of your businesses all he wants is your money. My advice, find a local investor that you are familiar with, and keep with the rule of thumb..... If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is, and If anybody ask's for money upfront they are not there to help. Good luck all.
              golfheaven Novice
              Time to refresh looks like they are at it still in this community
      Moof94 Newbie

ggoodard, What type of business do you own?
        golfheaven Novice
        Yes that would be good to know. maybe just fill out more info???
          ggoodard Novice
          I have read your posts and must say I am amazed. All of you are seeking funding to various degrees. The problem is that you want 100% funding and no fees until funding occurs.

The real problem is you are to frightened to take the necessary steps and that raises the question; are you qualified to be in business. Yes, risk is a factor but be in the lenders/investors shoes. Most inventors are not asking for your home as collateral, only business assets and/or equity in your company.

As far as attorney retainers, I am sure all business men have them....but to draft investment/loan agreements are not usually part of the retainer agreement.

I am now an international business man. My busness does not require a internet presence, nor do I want one. I travel the world assembling, dissembling and shipping pipe organs. My business is completely word of mouth.

I am going to breach my NDA, the only reason I am on this site is becasue my agreement with Mr. Freeman dictates that I must help a few small businesses get started, whether that be by advice or monetary injection. From what I see on this site is only whinnying and complaints about having to spend money to get money. My comment is then get a job and get real.
            golfheaven Novice
            Thank you:
            In today's world of the world wide web and scams it is only a wise person who reduces risk to the best of ones ability. I am not looking for 100% i will have major skin in myself. In regards to qualifications I have over 30 + years in assisting young children to the game and the rules. My due diligence in market is very detailed, also sweat equity counts. I am collateralized at 50-55 % with hard assets. I would have been more then 100% if economy and rules did not change and the banks no longer except rental properties as collateral.

Yes: I agree with you that most are (whinnying and complaints about having to spend money to get money)
            however that is not a issue with myself. The issue is not to be scammed.
    sage309 Newbie
    I'm relatively new to this forum and decided to check in and read if there was anything new and interesting.
    Then wow I saw this post and it certainly hit home! I am currently dealing with LFreeman. I was aprehensive
    in sending an upfront fee to him for his DD, but as Ggoodard pointed out in their post sometimes you have to
    lay the money out before the "reward". Again I was very aprehensive and cautious. As Mr. Freeman mentioned
    to me, doing business with a stranger can be daunting to say the least. I understand there's a DD fee in many
    cases. I checked out all I could on Mr. Freeman to include his references, although I realize they could be
    anybody behind the emails.

Anyway at this point all I can do is give Mr. Freeman the benefit of the doubt, especially as he now has my money!!
    I have a very strong product and hope he is true to his word. Therefore I have no reason to doubt him. He has been
    prompt in communicating with me, courteous, and seems very professional. At this point I have no disparaging remarks
    to make. We have just begun the process and the fact we are in communication makes me rest easier. He seems to
    be very accessible.

Here's hoping for the best and I will certainly keep the board updated.
      golfheaven Novice
      Please keep us informed on progress of your deal with him
        apparelmaster Newbie
        HI Golfheaven,

I just turned down my deal. It is quite suspicious. Between the $2,500 from the 4 of us is $10,000 in less than a week. Probably can be a good deal for him but, what about if you don't see your $2,500 back. In this economy I can inject those $2,500 to continue running the business.

Good luck and I hope everything turns good for you.
      drilmotorco Newbie
      Sage, What happened with your dealings with lfreeman?
        sage309 Newbie
        Just to update. I have requested a refund for my due dilligence fees to lfreeman.I have requested
        two different times. The last response I received from lfreeman was according to the loi all attempts
        have to be exhauseted. Then proceeds to tell me he has done 3 billable hours of work on my company,
        and that he "did not charge" me for the "response email"!!! All I sent was our company's business plan
        and it certainly would not take anyone 3 hours to read it. Just as further info, I had initially had sent the
        $2500 dd fee for my wife's company. I had not heard back from him and then he informed me he was on
        jury duty. He did not seem all that eager to help with my wife's company so therefore I asked him to either
        refund or switch the dd fee over to my new company. This company is start up,as lfreeman pointed out,
        has no assets,inventory, or revenues as of yet, so therefore that said he obviously can't do anything for me.
        So I have requested a refund which I am not holding my breath for! If he does come through I will most certainly
        let the board know. Wish me luck!
          golfheaven Novice
          Sage:
          I am sorry this has happen to you. I guess the only hope you have is that he will be a man of honor and send you a complete refund to show this community that he is a ethical person. If not which is most likely the case. I suggest you 1099 him for contractor services or somthing similiar so the goverment will be able to track his income.

THE IRS SHOULD BE INFORMED AT LEAST

or city,county,and state of his activities
            Maddeb Novice
            I've been in communication with Lynn Freeman for the past several weeks. He shot me down about escrow account also. He also gives you 24 hrs to wire funds. I asked him many questions about him and his businesses. I checked him out thourly on the internet and he was seeking $33million for his yacht club in 2006. He now says he has 3 yachts, but his website does not reflect he is in business. He also told me that he had $75mil in the bank.
            Lfreeman had another buisness he was seeking $1 million in investment: for Bluestar7 Consulting just a couple years ago also. I checked him out on BBB, and that company had a strike against it. I asked him why he was using his yacht bank account for this business transaction, and he would not say. I asked him many questions, about how he built his yacht business so fast, how he marketed, as his website still looks like he is seeking an investor, etc. ect. and all went unanswered. He also has his business plan on the yacht website, and he when he wrights about his experience, there is nothing that stands out. Very vague about is past experience. I told him everything about me and my company: the good and bad, to see he would be interested before I forgone the $2500 due dilligence; and his response was rude, with out answering my questions When he realized I was not going to do business with him, he was insulting and very unprofessional with his comments. Lastly, if you Google (map) him, you find his current residence and the one prior. His current resident looks to be of $250,000 value. The older one, just a couple years ago was a small run-down ranch, maybe 50 years old. His choice of residence tells me he's of middle class income. Nothing wrong with that- but it does not jive with what he claims. I'd be happy to forward the string of email comunications between myself and lynn, if anybody is thinking about doing buisiness with him; email me at info@comtecco.com. CAUTION is all I can say.
              sage309 Newbie
              I have again requested a refund from LFreeman, only to receive just 1 response from him stating that
              according to his letter of intent I have not exhausted all possibilities. I sent (like a damn fool) $2500
              to him for his "due dilligence" several months ago, more than plenty and ample time to do his "due
              dilligence". He has stated that he has nothing to "wrap his arms around" with my company, yet he
              claims everything has not been "exhausted"! He does not respond to any of my correspondence.
              I remember him staying on me everyday to wire funds to his account. Now he ignores me. I realize
              the foolish mistake I've made and hopefully others will not do the same. I have sent a letter to the
              IRS and Attorney General of Florida. I have also seen other message boards where a lfreeman has
              posted "looking for small funds". Be careful, very careful. Don't be an idiot like me! I will not give up.
          Sara3d Newbie

hello... my name is sara..I own a rest. .. I too have been fooled by L. Freeman... and been screwed out of my 2,500.. I am interested in pressing charges..please contact me Amicis@embarqmail.com... we cannot let him get away with this .. especially since there is just more then you and I..
    golfheaven Novice
    Refresh
    sage309 Newbie
    I emailed lfreeman and told him he might want to check out these forums as he is a
    matter of interest. Of course he's not going to respond. I realize the foolish mistake I
    made and just hoping others won't make the same mistake. I have contacted the
    attorney general's office in Fla. as well.
      mademan24 Novice
      Sage, Sorry to hear about this particular scenario that you are currently involved with here.. If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is too good to be true. This guy actually makes it a full-time job working this site and many others like this site. I would of suggested that you look into an aged corporation and attempt to acquire one to use for your business purposes. I have had a few clients that have been successful with this avenue and it has helped them with their respective projects. I wish you all the best.

T.Michael
        Maddeb Novice
        Lfreeman has responded to my last post, to my email, that is contemplating a legal suit against me. Has he done this to anyone else who had negative dealings with. There is nothing in my post that is not true. It was easy to fing, by Googling him. If i'm going to give someone my money, i need to be sure they are legit and do some homework, as everyone should to protect their investments (on both sides).
          ggoodard Novice
          Caution should be used when speaking of someone. Only completely truthful statements should be made. If any of your comments are incorrect in any way you can be held liable for a good number of reasons.
            golfheaven Novice
            Yes you should not state what is not true that includes people who deceive too. OH !! this thread was about ?.

L freeman has not responded or posted in this community for a while now. As a member I would be standing up for my rights if some one was talking about me and how i conducted business.

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Very curious.
              KCTDMT Newbie

Golfheaven did you know you have a golf simulator store just like yours up the street. Might be of interest.happy holidays KT
                golfheaven Novice
                That is great. What part of the country. There is no longer any in the Atlanta market. The only one just filed for chapter 11. I saw this coming Jan. 08 That was the main reason I have created this model.
                  KCTDMT Newbie

Golf -just trying to help maybe i thought you would be interested in checking it out the one in hamilton mill its still running.
                    golfheaven Novice
                    Yes I am familiar with bottom of the cup (sports bar) open to all. I am familiar with there simulators from the oldest company around. The product i am going to use is state of the art all built in house and has superior GIS mapping and reproduction capabilities. I will be 20+ miles from them so i believe they will be minimal competition for clients also i am going for a limited private membership club rather then a walk in and rent concept

Thank you. I see you are from area pleased to hear of it What part of ATL you from.
              sage309 Newbie
              Golf, excellent point. As I posted previously, I emailed lfreeman and told him he was a subject of
              posts on these forums. If you post facts and the truth then you have nothing to worry about.
              Again I will reiterate in my dealings with lfreeman. I have asked him for a refund of the $2500
              due dilligence fee I paid. Lfreeman has told me I have "not exhausted everything from the letter
              of interest." Yet in the same breath he informs me that I have given him a company that he needs
              something to "wrap my arms around." I'm not offering him enough. I started with one company that he
              put me off on and never answered me. Then my business partner and I agreed to ask him to switch
              the DD fee to our new company if he was interested. This has been over 3 weeks ago and to date
              the only correspondence returned to my emails requesting a refund was that he was taking time
              off for the holidays.

Lfreeman, your credibility is obviously called into question here on these forums. Care to explain your
              side.
                golfheaven Novice
                Sage: Thank you. I believe this thread should stay active as long as possible. The community should embrace this post and let all know. I will do my best to share with as many as possible and I hope all others will share and post this thread to all and any sites possible. "VIRAL CAMPAIGN"
                  sage309 Newbie
                  Golf, Let me give you and the board an update of lfreeman. I have informed lfreeman that I am contacting the Attorney
                  General of Florida as well as the IRS. Lfreeman finally emailed me back to inform me he would refund my $2500 minus
                  3 hours of "due dilligence" based at $175 per hour. I can't understand what I was charged $175.00 for as I also requested
                  an itemized bill. Lfreeman asked if I would drop any complaints with the Atty. Gen. and IRS, and I responded with he/she
                  can call both parties to check status of complaint. I have withdrawn the complaint, however with the understanding with both
                  offices that if my refund is not sent in a reasonable amount of time I will take up the complaint again. Lfreeman emailed me 2
                  weeks ago asking if I would sign a hold harmless agreement if refund was recieved. I responded that I would upon check received
                  and clearing.

To date I am still being ignored by lfreeman and have received nothing in form of a refund from lfreeman.I even stated to freeman I would
                  post upon this public forum if refund was received.
            Maddeb Novice
            Lfreeman, I mean goodard (oops), I agree, only truthful statements dhould be discussed. As far as his claim of 75 million liquid, why is he exhausting avenues with others peoples money. That is a reason I believe people were drawn to you,(dang) I mean him. I wonder if mr. Freeman would share his bank statement with people looking for an investor?
              golfheaven Novice
              I would be interested in anyone he funded. I would also like to see due diligence cost breakdown. I believe there is not a veritable funded deal anywhere of his. I hope he would dispute this but i do not see any response from him just goddard who just might be him under another name.

Comments welcomed
    imdajaz Newbie
    Hi dear i also have same condition like you. if you have solution of this please help me

http://www.jumplifeinsurance.co.uk
    golfheaven Novice
    I have posted warnigs of doing business with him on two other sites i visit.
      sage309 Newbie
      Just to update. I still to date have not heard a word from lfreeman, not that I expect to. Just thought I would keep the board
      posted. Thanks.
        jemmapelle Newbie
        I'm new to this board, but not to business. It's really sad what has happened to the member Sage. I believe when it comes to money and the internet it's always best to investigate the claims of others, especially of those offering funding. I would expect any legimate venture capitalist, investor, angel etc would want that. They're going to throughly check you and your business out, so it's always good to do the same.
    loan guy Newbie

Private money no games, no credit check.

cory@walkerlender.com
      sage309 Newbie
      Boy, where have I heard that before???!!!!
        loan guy Newbie
        sage309,

With all the scams going out there I am not surprised about your reply. Truth is though their are still good christian business people out their. Doing business right.
          sage309 Newbie
          No offense meant.
            Maddeb Novice
            Sage, have you ever received you money back from mr. freeman?
              sage309 Newbie
              Unfortunately lfreeman has chosen to ignore me. He had emailed me asking me if I would sign a hold harmless
              agreement if he refunded me. I responded in kind by telling him yes, if the refund was sent certified funds. I also
              told him I would post on this public forum of his integrity. However unfortunately lfreeman has showed his lack
              of integrity and has not refunded my funds.

I am now in the process of contacting the Florida Attorney General's office as well as the IRS.
                Sara3d Newbie

well, i have been holding out for sometime on posting now, but Lynn Freeman screwed me out of $2,500 too... After ignoring my calls for 2weeks, he filnally sent me some ridiculous letter... I dont know about everyone else, but i am now in the process of contacting the attorney general as well and maybe we could get some sort of class action suit???! maybe we should also contact the papers and bay news9 as well..

if anyone is still dealing with him, please contact me...
              sage309 Newbie
              Got an email from lfreeman today. After asking me if I would sign a Hold Harmless agreement,which I said yes and that I
              had notified the Atty.Gen. office and the IRS to temporarily w/draw the complaint unless I don't receive the refund. I told lfreeman
              he could call both offices to verify that. He now claims that I lied and that was deceit and fraud,lol. Where does this individual get
              such audacity!!! He has stalled me, lied to me and has my money. He also claimed that I defamed him on this forum. I pointed out
              that I did not start the post regarding him so obviously others had concerns about him. Plus one must have character before it can
              be defamed.

Anyway,enough games with this individual. I am contacting the state Atty.Gen.office,IRS as well as the FBI.

I was foolish entering a relationship with this individual so now it's the principal.

Thanks.
    Mr_Impeccable Newbie
    Good morning everyone

I am new to this site and I am looking for some good advice. I just started my own business in Atlanta, GA. I opened a Property Management company. "Impeccable Properties LLC"

I have been in the Real Estate business for 2 years as a investor, I fell in love with buying properties & rehabbing them to then turn into investment properties. I currently own 8 properties, and I am looking to pick up some new accounts with in/out of state investors. I have listings and other deals that can be of interest to the right people.

Here's my issue, being that my company is new, I am looking to build my company credit up. I had a great credit score but due to a short sale & some maxxed out credit cards, my score has dropped. I am looking for a way to get approved for a business credit card so I can start building some credit for my business.

Thank you all and I hope to continue to grow on this site.

Mr. Impeccable
      bmt2008 Novice

Unfortunately, nearly all credit card issuers will still base their discussion on your personal credit - not matter how strong your business credit (unless you are a very well known or public company). They do this to ensure a personal guarantee should your business fail or default. It is just the way they protect themselves.
      loan guy Newbie
      Mr_Impeccable,

My group is looking for people who are in your field of expertise. Who can fix and flip homes. Please contact me, we could use your help.

cory@walkerlender.com
      prestigeprc.webs.com
      BizinSoCal Newbie
      Mr. Impeccable,

(I've also posted this response to a person asking what to do with the D-U-N-S Number to be build business credit)

DNB has a program that builds business credits. It is appropriately called: Creditbuilder. You can read more about it on their web site:
      http://www.dnb.com/SBCS_Collateral/Brochure/CreditBuilder.htm.

Here is my contact info there:

Carina Fletcher
      eUpdate SMB Credit
      tel.800.627.3867x2918
      fax.866.886.1461
      fletcherc@dnb.com

Good luck, and post updates on your progress.

Best regards,

Reigneer

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 100 points
  • Helpful Answers - 100 points