Post a new topic
    1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 26, 2008 6:12 PM by NoBullFunding

Need Help starting up

caneedham Newbie
      I'm currently a student in College finishing my undergrad in Political Science. This is not really where I want to be. I find myself reading business books instead of the ones i'm assigned to read for class. My goal is to start up a career in real estate once I graduate (this may) My friend and I have already begun working on investment classes and also have enrolled in classes to become a real estate broker. Real Estate is where my passion is and its something I know I want to do but need help.

I need help with startup. I can do a business plan/marketing plan but just getting the business to Day 1 is where I get worried and confused. Any help with this would be appreciated. I am young but that doesn't scare me. I'm ready to take a risk.
        • Re: Need Help starting up
          NoBullFunding Scout
          Congrats on your decision to pursue a career in real estate!

I'm not sure if this is true in all states, but in NY you need to work for a licensed real estate broker before you can go out on your own. You might want to look into what your states requirements are for licensing.

In general, I'd suggest working for someone else to start. Aside from getting the experience, working for someone else will give you a real idea of what the business is all about. You'll be paid to learn the ins and outs of the real estate indusrty instead of trying to learn on your own. As they say, there's no need to recreate the wheel. Learn from people in the industry.

If there are any specific questions you have....shoot!