Post a new topic
    13 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2007 9:34 AM by NatOnline

Feedback on our website?

Flowers Newbie

How can I get more exposure for my website, so that new customers can find us if they want to send flowers to someone in Weatherford, Oklahoma? We have learned that website is popular with customers living all over the US that have friends and family in our local community, however I want to make sure I'm not missing an opportunity to attract new customers (without spending a lot of money on internet marketing).
        • Re: Feedback on our website?
          akgold Adventurer
          Do you have a link to your website? I did not see it in your post.
            CrashB Newbie
            Google Adwords is a good way to get some paid avertising on the web. The important thing will be to create a Long-tail search term - not just Flower or Florist but Flowers City State or Flowers Speciality Florist naming the specialty.

The another way is add what are called meta tags and descriptions to your site. That is the easiest and most inexpensive (free if you built your own site) to have search engines find you. Also make your site your home page. Search engines also rank sites by the number of visitors. And while making your website the home page for your browser want make you the most visited site on the web, every little bit helps.
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
              NetworkGuru Wayfarer

There are a few other things to be aware of when designing your website. For help, I recommend purchasing a product like WebPosition, It will guide you through the process of getting ratings on the search engines.
                doublehead Newbie
                The best way to promote a website is to add some clustering. Hopefully your website is optimized for the key phrases you're looking to target, so if you add more sites to target your "long tail" key phrases that relate to your main one, you'll draw traffic when you link your clustered sites to your web page.

Now here's an "insider tip" . . .

The search engines love blogs and social networks.

So go somewhere like, sign up for a free blog and start writing articles about flowers. Link your blog to your main web site.

Once you have 3 or 4 articles written, submit each article to the social networks like Digg, StumbleUpon, and Propeller. Tag your articles using your main and long tail key phrase and watch how quickly your blog will rank in a search for your key phrases.

Using this method I have successfully out competed over 7 million sites for top listing. One of my blogs ranked at #3 in 17 minutes.

Its effective and won't cost you a cent.
                    Flowers Newbie
                    Thanks so much doublehead. I'll try your tip about writing some blogs and articles with postings to my website. It sounds like you had fantastic results with this approach, and I LOVE any ideas that don't cost a cent. I'm not sure I totally understand the "long tail" approach...but I'll read up on it and I have enough to get me started.
                      youthlax Newbie
                      doublehead: this sounds pretty cool. I have not promoted my Youth Lacrosse website at all yet, but I am only interested in drawing viewers interested in Youth Lacrosse in our location. Is there a way to customize your approach for local targetting?
                      WEBillions Adventurer
                      You might also want to consider what you can do to revive local sales. These will likely be cheaper for you since you don't have to deal with shipping. Try fliers with (cheap but nice looking) flowers attached to them, to draw in attention. Maybe attract people in with a promotional offer. Get old customers to come back by sending greeting cards for the holidays. There are all sorts of ideas out there. Try one.
                        LUCKIEST Guide
                        You can get more exposure for your website by visiting SCORE on line at ""
                        SCORE has a Virtual Learning Center with 26 FREE online courses including BUILDING A WEB SITE,
                        Do you have an accountant?? Good luck, LUCKIEST
                          seogodfather Newbie
                          I don't mean to self promote, but, I can't help it. We developed a program called SEO Godfather. It automaticly optimizes your website over a 6 week period. It is a state of the art program that we are really excited about, so i couldn't help but throw it out there. You can find it at and if you are interested in finding out more info about SEO checkout, but, be careful about buying anything on this site its really best of info and some good tools to test your websites internet presents.

Good luck
                            NatOnline Tracker
                            You can list your website on local and AOL Yellow Pages.