Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2008 2:39 PM by thegoodlook

In need of customers and financial backing

thegoodlook Newbie
      I have just recently been laid off from a firm I've worked at for 5 years. I have cleaning expirence and have worked for 2 different cleaning companies in the past, cleaning offices and apartments. I have all the know how on how to clean, accounting expirence for over 20 years. I need contacts and a little financial backing in order to really go at this. I'm serious about this, I'm too old to continue on someone else's financial state. I have friends and relatives in the same position I find myself in, and if I could get this off the ground I'd hire all of them. I'd never lay anyone off, work may slow up but they would always be on call.
        • Re: In need of customers and financial backing
          WarrenD Adventurer
          Hello thegoodlook,

Have you contacted SCORE in your communty you live in. They will help you get started, and it's free. They will give you all the info you need, and help to get started.

WarrenD
            LUCKIEST Guide
            In need of customers and financial backing, Welcome Debra

Sorry to hear about you being laid off. How much funds are you looking for??

Have you developed a Business and Marketing Plan that I can read.

Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE both in person and on line. Both SCORE and I can help you develop the marketing plan to acquire contacts.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
                thegoodlook Newbie
                Thank you for responding. I have a business plan in the works. I am finding SCORE to be very useful thank you for that tip also. As for how much I need to get started, I'm still working on those details also, but as far as I can tell (based on a 3 month projection), approximately $20,000.00 as I've found a used mini van for $6,995.00, then considering having 2 full time employees and 2 part time employees for payroll estimating at $3,900.00 per month for 3 months (1st month to get jobs and then there's the issue of most only pay on 15th if invoice is received by 15th of prior month-puts actual money coming in at approximately 1.5 to 2 months after fist service), then there's the cost of liability insurance in which I am still shopping around for (have a couple of competitive offers) and cost of cleaning materials (which I intend to keep at a minimum), and the purchase of 2 more vacum cleaners, and the rest I have. I have already started mailing out flyers, and am actively making appointments to start the best way I can for now, but I really need help in the employee department, I have 3 very good people who want to start work as soon as I can pay them on a weekly basis, they are great people only they have families and need to earn while working.