Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2008 5:08 PM by My_Lan

how to start a business

BizSense Newbie
      I am thinking about starting a business, and could use some help.

Suggestions please?
        • Re: how to start a business
          Tracker
          There are a lot of things to consider when thinking about buying or starting a business but one of the most important is something that is often overlooked by entrepreneurs and first-time business buyers.

I could fill up this post with putting it here but here is a link to a post of mine in this online community that goes into detail on it and it might be of help to you as well:7 Steps To Find The Right Business

There is an updated version of that in article form on my website (you can find my website link in my profile). If you get a chance you might want to read it as I think it will help you. That article is called:

7 Steps To Find The Right Business For You (whether you plan to start or buy one)

On this SBOC site you will find a lot of good information from many of the professionals that are active on the site. After you read the above mentioned article, a good starting point may be to search this site for "starting a business" or "business start-up". Read through some of the info and answers to questions that others have posed about either starting or buying a business ... I think you will find it both interesting and informative.

If you have a specific question, please post it and I'm sure you will get feedback - I try to watch for questions/queries from people wanting to start or buy a business and reply to help them as best I can but sometimes get busy or tied up and miss seeing their post - feel free to draw your post to my attention in some way and I will reply specifically to it for you.

Dennis Lowery
          Adducent, Inc.
            LUCKIEST Guide
            How to start a business, Welcome

Who are you?? Where are you?? What kind of business??

I am a SCORE Counselor and I tell everybody who wants to start a business to visit SCORE. SCORE is FREE both in person and online.
            SCORE can help you develop both the Business and the Marketing Plan (FREE).

Good luck, LUCKIEST
                BizSense Newbie

I am not sure if starting a business is even right for me.

I have no idea where to start. I have a few ideas, but I do not think they will work.

I have heard of SCORE and other business advisors services. I am a little intimidated by the idea of stepping into the business world.

I do not want to disclose to much personal information, because this is an internet website, but I will say I am in the midwest.
                    Tracker

There are a lot of things to consider when thinking about buying or starting a business but one of the most important is something that is often overlooked by entrepreneurs and first-time business buyers. I could fill up this post with putting it here but here is a link to a post of mine in this online community that goes into detail on it and it might be of help to you as well:

http://smallbusinessonlinecommunity.bankofamerica.com/thread/5461?tstart=105

There is an updated version of that in article form on my website. The article is called:

7 Steps To Find The Right Business For You (whether you plan to start or buy one)

On this SBOC site you will find a lot of good information from many of the professionals that are active on the site. After you read the above mentioned article, a good starting point may be to search this site for "starting a business" or "business start-up" and also for "buying a business" or "buy a business". Read through some of the info and answers to questions that others have posed about either starting or buying a business ... I think you will find it both interesting and informative.

If you have a specific question, please post it and I'm sure you will get feedback - I try to watch for questions/queries from people wanting to start or buy a business and reply to help them as best I can but sometimes get busy or tied up and miss seeing their post - feel free to draw your post to my attention in some way and I will reply specifically to it for you.

Dennis Lowery
                    Adducent, Inc.
                  My_Lan Adventurer
                  If you plan to start your business and have it be accessible online, you are going to need a web page. That also means you are going to need a domain name, web hosting, and a web design.Just about every successful business today has a website. We can help you get all that set up at http://www.my-lan.us/services/web_design/ .