Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2008 12:04 PM by bottomline

Tough economic times require real solutions

bottomline Newbie
      There are a number of programs out there that have real value in helping you cut costs while remaining competative. It is more than just focusing only on your bottom line, look at those things that make improving your bottom line happen. Leveraging resources, productivity, customer service and customer satisfaction, and business development these will determine if you survive, thrive or just fade away. In the end having the right talent may be the only sustainable competative advantage you may have.
        • Re: Tough economic times require real solutions
          Navigator
          Wonderful advice, I often find myself back at the drawing board to my life, finding what is working and what needs to be cut out. I no longer eat out, and i haven't spent money on myself save a few small pleasures in life. Applying this to business, there are cost-effective ways to remain in the market but not put a noose of debt around your neck. In these times now, Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty are two of the biggest poitns that need to be made, since everyone is wary of business and the economy. Start with a solid foundation, and efficiently plan out where you want your business to go... Don't blow money on worthless little things. If you're getting a new office, settle for mid-range computers if all you're doing is number crunching. Cut back on fancy dinners and vacations. What does it say to your clients if you're riding in first class eating lobster? I know what it would tell me: You're doing that on my money.
              bottomline Newbie
              Check out the Workkeys program. This is a great tool and has helped a number of companies reduce their turnover costs. Go to any search engine and type in Workkeys. This is something that has been around for over 20 years. I just hope people check it out because I believe it can help any business. I am not a saleperson for Workkeys but I do believe in the program. It is all about the bottom line.
              bottomline Newbie
              The Rancho Santiago Community College District Workplace Learning Resource Center can help. We provide Instructor-Led Customized Training; Computer-based Internet Courses; Employee Development; Basic Skills Assessments; Workkeys Assessments and Profiles and Seminars and Workshops go to www.RSCCD.org/wlrc for more information.
                dcmarik Wayfarer
                The savings from cutting business travel expenses fall right to the bottom line. There is a new business traveler support group that helps small to medium size firms reduce travel costs substantially. MyInHouseTravel.com has saved a lot for our clients that need to travel for sales or tech support.
                1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    bottomline Newbie
                    I agree. I believe that there are a number of ways that businesses can cut costs and improve their bottom line. Letting others know how to save is as important as showing them how to increase revenues. The use of the Community College in your area can also be a way to save money. Here in California we have a great state wide system to address the needs of the business community. I would be happy to share as much informaton I have on what is offered that I can.