Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2008 12:13 AM by intechspecial

For local restaurant owners tired of paying for placemats?

MadmanSigns Wayfarer
      At Madman Signs we have developed a free dispoable placemats for free based on your supply for a 3 month peroid. What we doi s give other local buisnesses the oppurtunity to advertise on the placmats that are placed in your restaurant everyday for all the customers to see. You the restaurant owner will also be able to advertise with coupons for your customers repeat business. If your a local Restaurant with Yorkville,IL or surrounding areas of Yorkville, IL and would be interested in thePalcemats please get in touch with me. .

Madman Signs
        • Re: For local restaurant owners tired of paying for placemats?
          Navigator
          What materials are these placemats made of, and are they degradable?
            MadmanSigns Wayfarer

They are printed on 60# White PAper which is recyclable and the ink used to print on the paper is soybased ink safe for eating off of. Thanks for the intrest hope that helps you out

Madman Signs

intechspecial Ranger
              Very interesting concept. Welcome to the community.

Mike
                    intechspecial Ranger
                    You are welcome.

Can I ask where you came up with the idea for your business name?
                        MadmanSigns Wayfarer
                        Sure i have always for some reason liked the way Madman sounded it's catchy so i started with it but wasn't sold on it and designed the gangster from the 20's around the name looked at it and said now there is a logo you won't see to often and figureed there cool buisness cards that once handed to someone the chance they would throw it out would be slim because how many people get handed a buisness card with a gangster on it they might just hand on to for fun if they use me or not it stick in the back of their mind pretty easy. so stuck with and have be using it ever since and have had a ton of responces to it as the neatest card they have gotten.
                            intechspecial Ranger

Very nice branding!

An extremely unique way of reaching your customers, as you are a "Madman" and a "1920's Gangster".

The business card idea is nice as well.

I bought some business cards that had a restaurant tip table on the back. The tip table included tips from the range of 15-22%, and had amounts by the $0.25. This worked well for someone who is cautious as to how they spend their money, as it gives you the percentage to the penny. The flip side of the coin is that I offer inexpensive web services, so it was an added benefit.

So, I would place my business cards on posting boards, and have a sign that said "Free Tip Table Card". They would disappear quick, and traffic would increase. I would also take the same business card, and place it at the gas station pump anytime I had to refuel.

At an extreme, I noticed a semi truck pulled over to the side of the road. I stopped and asked him if he needed help as I am that way with people. He said he was lost, and he looked he had been without sleep or human contact for days maybe weeks. I told him to follow me, and took him to where he needed to be. I then pulled over and was talking to him telling him about my business, and gave him a few of business cards. I said anything you can do to help my website, I would appreciate it. In the middle of talking to him(I was in the road), I almost was run down by another semi. He left, and although he was to exhuasted to take in what I had told him, he seemed appreciative.

This was when my company website was first up and running. I had a google anlaytics account and had a few adsense advertisements on my website as well. Google analytics and adsense allows me to see the city or close major city where a visitor is at when they visit. I had no traffic coming to my website at that point and was surpised that there was a sudden increase in google adsense revenue. I would get between .50 and 2.00 per click, and out of the blue every few days, I would have between .50 and 5 or 6 dollars every few days. I compared the clicks to my analytics account, and sure enough it seemed that the same semi driver I helped was purpusely using a computer to visit my site and click on a link when he made a stop somewhere. This happened for maybe a month before it slowly died off.

I was estatic, that I have visitors(or visitor) from across the country!

Now my website has many visitors a day, and an all time high of 1,200(a year and a half ago) visitors in one day! I guess all of that hard work does pay off, if only once in a while.