Post a new topic
    14 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2008 11:42 AM by WarrenD

Hey Host

WarrenD Adventurer
      Hello Host

Help, somethings wrong, this is the second time I've posted about this. If anyone post on any of the forums I get a e-mail about it. Please Help!!

Warren
        • Re: Hey Host
          Lighthouse24 Ranger
          Hey Warren, I'm not "Host" but click on your profile and check/change your email notification settings. That might solve the problem.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            Lighthouse24 Ranger
            Sorry, Warren -- sounds like there's yet another thing that's "broken" in the forum engine. I suppose you could automatically route everything that comes in from "SBOC Update" to your spam folder -- it's not like there are ever any updates about anything else (other than new postings).
              Navigator
              It is rather annoying, finding that my inbox is filled with a million emails from topics I've responded to... I'm considering filtering them to their own folder and simply checking what posts I still have interest in manually. They should add a 'Subscribe or Unsuscribe to this thread' option to these forums, amongst other things....

.... cough Private Messaging cough ;) .....

Just a suggestion!
                  Lighthouse24 Ranger
                  Just wait 'til you've been here for a year and have hundreds of posts . . . everytime a bunch of MLMers decide to join and pitch their deal in every thread, it really does seem like you get "millions" of e-mails!

Of course, I'm starting to have my doubts about this community making it for another year -- for reasons that many have already expressed.
                  intechspecial Ranger
                  I had removed all permissions so that no emails would be sent.

But every time someone posted in the thread about starting a home based business, I would get an email.

That post in paticular would get up to 100 posts a day.

Finally I changed my email address listed to: spam@freeits.net

Solved the problem, as that email address is specifically designated for spam.

Great thing about that email address is that it does not exist.
                    Vince Adventurer
                    Hi WarrenD,

If you're receiving notifications on every forum, chances are the "Watch via email" option was chosen. Do a quick check in one of the forums. To the far right of the "Post a new topic" button, you should see a "Stop email alerts" option. Click it and that should stop the notifications.

I would stray from altering your email address or creating a spam folder. What if you forget your password or the SBOC wants to communicate with you? You would have no way of receiving this information.

Best of luck,
                    Vince
                        Lighthouse24 Ranger
                        Vince, what we're saying (me, at least) is that "stop e-mail alerts" SHOULD stop it, but it DOESN'T. Warren can speak for himself, but I'm guessing this was titled "Hey Host" to alert you to that.
                          Navigator
                          Vince - You can set up email filters in certain email providers to send all email to a specific folder for documentation instead of being coined as Spam. Like for instance, I have one for all articles I have subscribed to on websites, and another for all business related emails. I know Gmail does it, and Hotmail has plans for it.
                            WarrenD Adventurer
                            Hello,

I did try all of that, but still was getting all the e-mails. So the only option was to change e-mail address, and it worked.

Warren