This discussion is locked
Post a new topic
6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2009 11:36 AM by mygenieforyou RSS

Need Advice on starting a business in Trinidad!!!!

Stryker Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I'm interested in getting into business in Trinidad and Tobago its in the carribbean in case ur wondering, this country is considered the new york of the caribbean and i'm trying to gather some ideas on possible business opportunities!!! can anyone suggest feasible business types for over here????
  • Re: Need Advice on starting a business in Trinidad!!!!
    Stryker Newbie
    seems like there are'nt much ideas coming my way on this one!!!!but i'ma find the answers no worries....love the information i'm getting otherwise though! its all valid.
    Lighthouse24 Master
    I think the lack of response may have been because there weren't any SBOC members who have business experience in Trinidad. It's a tightly regulated business climate -- for example, while an individual can start-up a legitimate business in the U.S. with two basic steps that can be completed in a half-day, a small business start-up in Trinidad involves twenty or more distinct steps that normally take a minimum of eight months according to the Wall Street Journal. The WSJ report also noted that with all that regulatory oversight, "corruption is perceived as widespread." Beyond those issues, Trinidad has different financial policies, tax laws, property rights, etc. than those that affect most business owners in this community. So, bottom line, I'm not sure that anyone here felt qualified and able to really help. Best wishes.
    mygenieforyou Novice
    I don't have any idea on how to start a business in Trinidad but do have an idea on how to market your business!

I found a really cool tool that you can download for FREE and you can give these out and every time someone does a search online your business comes up right along side walmart, ebay, buy, target, amazon, etc!! An absolutely amazing way to market!!

Check it out and download yours for free at: http://geniesavesyoumoney.com

Good luck, Dan

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 100 points
  • Helpful Answers - 100 points