Post a new topic
    13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2008 2:36 PM by Carlton_H

IN NEED OF $300K FOR A SMALL BUSINESS

jr.fermin Newbie
      Hi everybody!

I just opened a mobile dry cleaning business.

I have started with a few customers, but it has been difficult to grow up because I kept my regular job to finance my business.

At the end of the road, and after months I have the same customers, I have no time for my business and I'm still in my job.

I have been reading A LOT about venture capital, unsecured loans, sba, grants, regular banks, angel investors, score, etc..

I contacted some of them but they seem unreal, and not helpful at all. They just tell you to look in to the internet or talk to somebody else that reminds you that if you don't have money already they cannot help you.

I even opened a bank account with a small bank, based on the idea that they will help me out but it didn't work. I haven't been able to find any a start up loan, and I don't have any friends or relatives with funds to start.

I'm looking for a 300K loan, which the 55% will be for equipment, 25% to open a small store (Because my business is home-based) and 20% for working capital and advertising (Which is the main heart of my business).

It is good to emphasize that I managed about 5 dry cleaners simultaneously here in USA, along other things.

I'm an engineer in Telecom experienced in risk management, project management and large projects, but when I came to USA I started from scratch about 4 years ago.

Right now my credit is not stellar, but is not bad, no bk, no collections, my whole debt is about $10000 (Including my car).

CAN ANYBODY HELP ABOUT THIS? THERES IS ANY REAL FUNDING AVAILABLE TO START A SMALL BUSINESS?

jrfm