Post a new topic
    15 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2009 5:35 PM by sbcfulfill

Need Website Designed for Online Store

Smartypotty Adventurer
      I am in need of a website designed for a new online store that I'm starting. Can anyone offer their services for free?

Email: Smartypotty@aol.com
        • Re: Need Website Designed for Online Store
          EagleEye Adventurer
          I am just curious... are you serious? Most people take their time very seriously. Are you offering the designer a % of future profits or anything? I mean.. if you are a non-profit or something.. I can see asking for pro bono services. Otherwise.. I really do wonder if you are joking around? Depending on how many products you offer... you are probably looking at about $1k minimum (I say that because I looked at your profile and noticed you are only marketing one product). I freelance for one company that does design/seo. You can put up a website, but if the site is not optimized... you might as well not waste your money. I just wanted you to be aware of that so you don't get "taken" or so you don't think you can just throw up a site and expect business to come to you. ;)
            dollsbags Adventurer
            There are several high quality, low cost turnkey e-commerce solutions out there. You do not have to have it designed from scratch (nor would I recommend it). Take a look at http://www.shop-script.com. That is one of the better, more afordable ones in my opinion. They can install it for you for a nominal fee. Afterwards, all you would have to do is customize it with your logo and desired appearance, presuming you have some basic web design experience. Or you can simply select a template and start loading your product pictures, descriptions, etc. They also integrate easily with all of the major merchant services. There are also some free shopping carts out there, such as OSCommerce, for instance.

Rich
              intechspecial Ranger
              I might be able to help, but I do not offer a complete ecommerce site for free.

If you just need 5-8 html pages, with a few items to sale, I am your guy.
                cpeter05 Newbie
                I work for an internet consulting service called Web Star Promotions. We do web design, seo, and e-commerce. I do not think we could design your website for free, but we could offer you a very affordable price. If you are interested in our services or would like a free quote then go to:
                http://www.webstarpromotions.com
                or call (888) 268-7006 for more info.
                  SuccessSeeker Newbie

I think I will be able to help you are guide you to a better source but can you answer there 3 questions ?

What type of products are you planning to sell through the online store ?

And

Who are you Target Audience / buyers?

And

What is your budget for the site?
                      Smartypotty Adventurer

More specifically, I'm looking to have an online flea market or a swap shop. Thank you
                          SuccessSeeker Newbie
                          Then how about this one www.successseekerssolution.com
                          If you have not already made arrangement with suppliers I could connect you with a business team which is successful in whole sale online retailing and have millions of products and services. You can find more info in the same website.
                              Smartypotty Adventurer
                              Hi there,

Mine will be a one-stop shop where buyers and sellers meet.
                                  SuccessSeeker Newbie
                                  I believe that in every business buyers and sellers meet but when and where differs from biz to biz , checkout the business options section of the same site i gave you
                                      sbcfulfill Wayfarer
                                      <!--if gte mso 9><xml>
                                      Normal
                                      false
                                      false
                                      false
                                      EN-US
                                      X-NONE
                                      X-NONE
                                      </xml><!endif--><!--if gte mso 9><xml>
                                      </xml><!endif-->
                                      <!--if gte mso 10>
                                      <style>
                                      /* Style Definitions */
                                      table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}
                                      </style>
                                      <!endif-->
                                      SBC Fulfillment is a third-party resource for Warehouse Management, Order
                                      Management and Fulfillment Services. SBC Fulfillment Services combines an
                                      experienced, pro-active staff with advanced technology to offer clients a
                                      competitive advantage. They have a great systems technology, modern and
                                      scalable operating facilities, a terrific labor force, experienced management
                                      personnel, and passionate inventory control procedures. Improve your order
                                      fulfillment and customer satisfaction with SBC Fulfillment Services. You can
                                      get more information about them by visiting their website at www.sbcfulfillment.com
                              pritigirl669 Newbie
                              I designed my own website using Web.com they have a new tool that lets you design an online store as well. Their hosting fees are around $20/month. It comes with built in shopping carts, and you can link sales to your Paypal and/or Ebay account. It is easy and with a little pratice and patience, you can do it yourself. Just study other websites and know what you want to do with yours. After you make money, then you can invest in paying a pro to redesign your website. My business pays for its own website now. If you have a good product(s) to sell and good info to go along with it, your customers will come.