Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2008 11:54 AM by jay2maui

how to go public and raise money

jay2maui Wayfarer

all of you seem to have good concepts and every business needs money to grow. think about going public when you are raising money from friends and family..... visit my web site, it is easier and cheaper than you think..
      www.howtogopublic.net
        • Re: how to go public and raise money
          EagleEye Adventurer
          I have heard of this. Have you actually done this for a personal business start up?
            Navigator
            Jay,

Since this is your domain of expertise, how about a quick guide for the community here on when to go public?
            It costs a lot of money, plus subjects you to increased scrutiny and filing requirements.
            But some folks need the capital to grow and can make that and other trade-offs.

There are many folks at our size who have gone public-- with good and bad results--
            we've considered it, but are choosing not to right now-- but would like to know when is the right time.
                jay2maui Wayfarer
                Hello Mongoose i hope all is well. thanks for your reply. with our process we would get the client trading on the OTCBB for a total price of $50K which includes all filings and registrations for both the SEC and the NASD (FINRA). the company would also need audited financials for the past two years if they have a two year history or more. if a new business we need an audit based upon their current history. even if it is a zero balance audit. once you are successfully trading you have a corporate responsibility to keep your filings current every quarter with unaudited financials and a simple statement and these are your 10Q's and at the end of your fiscal year you would need an annual audit and corporate statement and this would be your 10K. the cost and time it takes to maintain your public trading status is usually a non issue against all the many benifits of being publicly traded. we try and give a balanced view of the good and the bad on our web site www.howtogopublic.net for all to review.
                Regards......
                LUCKIEST Guide
                how to go public and raise money

Thanks Jay. I am a SCORE Counselor and see many business people who think about going public.

Will tell them about your web site, LUCKIEST