Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2008 5:58 AM by TryTLC

Advice/Reality check

elc1225 Newbie
      I have been in the childcare business for 17 years. I recently came across a childcare facility that closed. I have crunched the numbers and can make it work but I have no capital to get started. It will take about 40 to 50K to stock the building with supplies, fix up the building, purchase a van and open the doors to start filling up the center. What are the possibilities of getting funding for this. I can run the business and make work. I just need to get started. Thanks.
        • Re: Advice/Reality check
          NoBullFunding Scout
          Realistically, if you have no cash of your own to put in, a bank loan will be very difficult. Aside from that, if the business was not profitable before, it will be hard to convince a banker that you can do better.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            Navigator
            Building on what NoBullFunding had said about loans,
            I would not recommend jumping into a business without a small buffer fund of your own, at least 20% of your own cash. Realistically, give it a little time and plan out financing this venture, and coming up with an 'escape plan' just incase things begin to falter. I hate to think negativly, but it would be horrible for you to get into this and then get stuck. Have you calculated all of your overhead and potential hurdles?
              TryTLC Newbie
              I would talk to B of A about a small business loan and I would
              talk to some parents that have been with your for decades
              and ask them to invest into thier childrens future with
              a day care center.

Fund raisers and yard sales etc,. ask for help.

Christina