Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2008 9:08 PM by Mongoose

Work at home scheme.

donnalisa Newbie
      Work at home scheme is a get rich quick scheme in which a victim is lured by an offer to be employed at home, very often doing some simple task in a minimal amount of time with a large amount of income that far exceeds the market rate for the type of work. The true purpose of such an offer is for the perpetrator to extort money from the victim. Work at home schemes have been around for decades. Originally found as ads in newspapers or magazines, they have expanded to more high tech media, such as television and radio ads, and on the Internet.

Donna

<a href="http://mls.fastrealestate.net"> MLS Online</a>

• Re: Work at home scheme.
          Navigator
          Most work at home "schemes" always require cash up front for some kind of training package - I recommend staying away from ANYTHING that requires money up front, You wouldn't pay to get hired at a regular job, would you? There ARE work-at-home jobs like call center outsourcing or data processing that are legit, so don't let the schemes scare you away.
              DomainDiva Ranger
              The best work at home scenario (IMHO) is from American Airlines and Jet Blue. Jet Blue was the first airline to outsource reservations to stay at home Moms, AA soon followed, thats why there is an extra fee for booking through an agent. There are times when the extra 10-15 bucks has been well worth it!.
                  Navigator
                  Great information, Diva, Glad that you followed up my post with some more legitimate examples. As I've said, alot of home jobs are data processing... whether it be rebate processing, reservation confirmation, document tagging and sorting, to a wide selection of researching. I'm iffy on the subject of these 'paid research' panels, and would be delighted if anyone could post a working case of one.