Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2008 8:23 AM by liveassistant

I have a business plan, but have no idea of the next step?

ThinkingBIG19 Newbie

If anyone can help with ideas. I have a business plan for a coffee shop. I have done all my research, as far as start up capital, vendors, supplies, employees, payroll. I have 10 years Restaurant Management experience, and feel like I am ready to branch out to Business Ownership. My credit however is not very good, due to past mistakes. If anyone can help point me in the right direction. I have a business Plan that is very well laid out, and a vision. Now all I need is Financing options, and help with actually getting it started. PLEASE HELP!!!

Andrea
      402-612-9391
        • Re: I have a business plan, but have no idea of the next step?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          I have a business plan, Welcome Andrea.

If I have a business plan for a coffee shop and needed help, I would contact SCORE.

SCORE is FREE and can help you both in person and on line.

Can you email a copy of your business plan at " pdeig@juno.com "

Thanks, LUCKIEST
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            NoBullFunding Scout
            If you have bad credit, finding a loan will be nearly impossible in todays credit market. When was the last time you checked your credit report? It might not hurt to check it for errors so your credit isn't being dinged any more than it needs to be.

It's not the answer most entreprenuers want to hear, but you most likely need to wait and let some time pass so your credit score improves. Obviously, you need to be vigilant going forward to make sure there are not more derogatory items.
              liveassistant Newbie

Hi Andrea,

So you have done all your research and business plan. Do you have enough funds to get you to the next step?

Given that your credit is "not very good" finding bank financing is going to be a pain. You can possibly look for government grants or investors from family and friends.

With reference to banks, they can possibly give you a loan but interest rates can be a bit high for you to be comfortable. Will you be prepared to take this kind of deal?

Just a few things to think about. Hope this helps.

Best regards.