Post a new topic
    13 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2008 11:29 PM by intechspecial

Bruised and Beaten

intechspecial Ranger

Another day, another business loss.

So what does a business owner do when they have failed completely, and the competition as well as the world of business knocks
      you down and beats you to a bloody pulp and leaves you and your business for dead?

You wait until the beating stops, you then pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and go about your way.

Another day in business, another day of failure.

Tommorow is a new day, and I will not give up.

A word to the wise for failed businesses.

Try harder tommorow.

• Re: Bruised and Beaten
          DCColegrove Newbie

I can relate, I've been a professional photographer for 28 years http://www.dcolegrovephotography.com ... and in all that time I have never struggled as hard as I have the past year.

I have seen many in mine and many other related industries tank and then just give up

Roll with the punches... But never roll over.

Daniel

intechspecial Ranger
              Daniel,

I do not know if this would help, but I know there might be some resources available for you on linkedin.com.

I have a business associate that is online there who seems to have been able to expand his photography business a bit.

Linkedin has many professional groups and is more focused on assiting people and businesses to excel in their professions and industry and you will not see the level of professionalism that you run into here on a regular basis.

Check it out when you get a chance.

http://www.linkedin.com

Mike
              DomainDiva Ranger
              YOU ARE NOT FAILING. You have to STOP saying this. Negativity brings more...it's a self fullfilling prophecy. Stop now! The Diva COMMANDS IT!!!

You are just finding what does not work. Eventually you will find what does work. Ask the Dyson Vacuum cleaner guy about finding out what does not work. Ask any large corporation R&D department. Did you know that 3M has to have a failure rate of X% for their R&D? The logic being if they aren't failing...they aren't trying.
                  intechspecial Ranger
                  Unfortunately, my disability is what does not work.

I do just fine, unfortunately I have a disability that will insure my failure because of societies view point.

If I was physically disabled, I would be taken much more serious and would not have to deal with discrimination every day.

My business is a complete success from a standpoint of giving back to society.

On a finacial level it is a complete failure.
                  Navigator
                  You have your up days, and your down days... Point is to keep pushing forward, You are the only one who can admit total defeat. I always take a change such as this not as a terrible end, but a new beginning.
                    puzzleman Tracker
                    All that you have found is a business that doesn't work for you. There is something out there for you, you just have to keep looking until you find it.

In 1914 Thomas Edison's factory in West Orange, New Jersey, was virtually destroyed by fire. Although the damage exceeded $2 million, the buildings were insured for only $238,000 because they were made of concrete and were thought to be fireproof. Much of Edison's life work went up in smoke and flames that December night. At the height of the fire, Edison's 24-year-old son, Charles, searched frantically for his father. He finally found him, calmly watching the fire, his face glowing in the reflection, his white hair blowing in the wind.

"My heart ached for him," said Charles. "He was 67 - no longer a young man - and everything was going up in flames. When he saw me, he shouted, "Charles, where's your mother?" When I told him I didn't know, he said, 'Find her. Bring her here. She will never see anything like this as long as she lives.'"

The next morning, Edison looked at the ruins and said, "There is great value in disaster. All our mistakes are burned up. Thank God we can start anew."

Three weeks after the fire, Edison managed to deliver the first phonograph.

We have to keep pushing forward and not let the train run you over. Get Positive.

Jim
                        Navigator
                        Amazing story, Puzzleman. Edison is a true inspiration, and even though he lost everything, the sheer determination he exhibited shows that while things may go wrong, it can never break the will of ones goal.
                            Calius Newbie
                            I tend not to define my success in terms of how much money I'm bringing in but instead by how much I've learned from those times when I hit bottom. As some have said, that's the time to pick oneself up, shake off the scum and go forth. The last high-tech company I began ground down into a mess. I assessed it from top to bottom and decided that it was time to move on and develop a new business.
                                Navigator
                                Success, as what you said, isn't how much you have in your bank account, it's you meeting your own personal goals and how much you've learned in life. Maybe to some, alot of money makes them happy, but to others the bar is on a completely different level. Always remember that you work a job where you learn while doing so, and not go stale. Lifes lessons need not be learned through suffering, rather through every experience you encounter.
                            blitzlocal Adventurer
                            Mike,

The "bruised and beaten"--- is that your personal feeling or are you posting this to help others who are in this situation?
                            I'd say that we're getting bruised, not from lack of business, but not being able to control the flow of how much.
                            Right now, it's a bit too much-- and staffing up with quality people is not as fast as any of us would like.

Dennis
                            Analyst, BlitzLocal.com
                            internet advertising for local businesses
                                intechspecial Ranger
                                blitzlocal -

That was my personal feeling at the time of that post. I had been hit from every angle possible and the week only got worse.

Since that post here has been my week:

Tuesday: Anxiety and Stress Overwhelmed me, and an agressive dog showed agression towards me and my daughter.

Wednesday: I tried to talk to the dog owner about there agressive dog, and they became even more agressive then there dog, with the man almost assualting me and the woman almost assualting my lady friend. I called the police, and they stated we were the agressors, so nothing good be done. Later that night I went to the hospital as I was having stage 2 hypertension.

Thursday: Released from the hospital, but needed to schedule a stress test(nuclear medicine) for the next morning.

Friday. Had the stress test, and results were good, but I found out the woman who almost assualted my lady friend is probably a nurse in the nuclear medicine clinic where I got my stress test.

Saturday: Spent all day fixing a plumbing problem for my lady friend's dad, and had to deal with some slight police agression. I came home to find the email problem I have been having where I am not able to send and recieve all email is still there, yet Godaddy and Verio state there is no problem.

So the "Bruised and Beaten" is more of a statement of not only business but how life has been going for quite a while now, with no end in site, and no help for resolution.

I think the one thing people miss is that God has my back.

My business has been succesful on a level that I have been able to give back through volunteerism.

My business is a complete loss on a financial level.

I am down and out for the count, and God puts on my gloves...................

story to continue....................................