Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2009 1:39 PM by handprint

    How do I move a business entity to another state

    seamus Newbie
      Quick background: I have a Sub-Chapter S corp in NJ that has been in business since 1996. The business has established good credit and a history. I have since moved to North Carolina and no longer wish to pay NJ taxes. I could easily open another corp in NC, but I don't want to lose the credit history, especially in today's climate. I have been told that I could form a new corp and have the new entitly buy the old entity and that the tax ID could be assumed by the new corp. I am not sure that I understand that and could use some help getting "un-confused." Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.