Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2008 6:10 PM by LUCKIEST

Starting a new business or buying the company I am at......

JosephB Newbie
      I am looking into either purchasing the company that I currently work at or maybe starting my own but I do not know where to start or how difficult it is. Can you help?
        • Re: Starting a new business or buying the company I am at......
          jksolis12 Newbie
          Is real estate involved in the transaction and do you have 20% to put down off the sales price. I am an experience Commercial and Residential Loan Consultant. I can be reached at 512-989-3404.
            Tori Adventurer
            Hi JosephB and welcome to the SBOC!

Mike Handelsman, the General Manager at BizBuySell.com, can answer any question you may have about purchasing the company you currently work at. Ask your questions in advance to ensure its one of the first to be answered.

Event: How to buy and sell your business

~Tori
              Tracker
              Hi Joseph,

There are a lot of things to consider when thinking about buying or starting a business but one of the most important is something that is often overlooked by entrepreneurs and first-time business buyers. I could fill up this post with putting it here but here is a link to a post of mine in this online community that goes into detail on it and it might be of help to you as well:

7 Steps To Find The Right Business

There is an updated version of that in article form on my website. On this SBOC site you will find a lot of good information from many of the professionals that are active on the site. After you read the above mentioned article, a good starting point may be to search this site for "starting a business" or "business start-up" and also for "buying a business" or "buy a business". Read through some of the info and answers to questions that others have posed about either starting or buying a business ... I think you will find it both interesting and informative.

If you have a specific question, please post it and I'm sure you will get feedback - I try to watch for questions/queries from people wanting to start or buy a business and reply to help them as best I can but sometimes get busy or tied up and miss seeing their post - feel free to draw your post to my attention in some way and I will reply specifically to it for you.

Dennis Lowery
              Adducent, Inc.
                LUCKIEST Guide
                Starting a new business or buying the company

If I was starting a new business or buying the company I would talk to
                My Accountant
                My Lawyer, and
                SCORE. SCORE is FREE both in person and online.

Good luck, LUCKIEST