Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2009 9:38 AM by 007bond

Paragon Investments Ltd.???

blperform Wayfarer

Does anyone have an info on Paragon Investments Ltd. from the UK? I've gotten a couple of e-mails from them based on my inquiries on the Bank of America forum and I'm hesitant because they are not here in the states. According to the e-mail, they require no up-front fees and work with the big lenders in the UK to fund throughout the world Iincluding Bank of Scotland and Bank of America). Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Lee

blperform@aol.com
        • Re: Paragon Investments Ltd.???
          CapitalCoach Wayfarer

I received the same email (twice). I did a search for them but didn't find much except "ads" containing essentially the same verbage as the email.

They have no web site - that I can find
          They are using free eamil accounts

I consider these two "warning" signs.

Let me know if you find out anything else
              blperform Wayfarer
              Thank you for your response. What I did uncover is that all three phone numbers to London came back as disconnected and when I inquired why, the response ignored the phone question. In AOL search, Paragon came up under a scam website, but I could not determine when or get any other info except it has to do with up front fees.

Lee
              blperform@aol.com
                  WarrenD Adventurer
                  Hello,

Here's a little I found out legitimate business's in the UK. If They are legitimate they have a registry #. You can check out a business from the UK at UK data .com. If they give a registry # you can also check it out there, which I encourage you to do. One loan company gave me a #, I checked it out there, and it was a # to a phone company that closed in 2005. So be careful!!!!

Warren
                      blperform Wayfarer
                      Thanks for the info Warren.

It's not like I haven't been doing my homework. The two email addresses that are listed trace back to Google, Inc.in CA and the other one is Redmond, Washington. Unfortunately I do not know enough about IPs to know if this is normal. From what I've been able to decipher, my IP is in Virginia while I am actually in South Carolina. The UK data sites list registry # to a company by the same name altho' the address is different (while by itself might not be unusual). I was not successful in doing a UK reverse phone search. Is there any other type of BBB or Consumer Affairs in London?

Thank you for your advice. If you have any ideas, olease let me know. I certainly am going to proceed with MUCH caution and certainly will not give ANY upfront money.