Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2008 2:41 AM by intechspecial

Need help starting my bussiness

soleilchaux Newbie

HI. MY NAME IS SAM ME AND MY COUSIN, WHO ARE SECURITY GUARD, WANT TO START A SMALL SECURITY AGENCY IN NYC, WE ALREADY HAVE 2 POTENTIAL CLIENT WE NEED ANY HELP ON HOW TO PROCEED, SHOULD WE INCORPORATE LLC I HAVE BEEN READING ARTICLE ONLINE IT GET A LITLE CONFUSING. ANY HELP WILL BEGREATLY APPRECIATE
        • Re: Need help starting my bussiness
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Need help starting my business, Welcome Sam and Good luck.

I am a SCORE Counselor. There are SCORE offices in N Y C that can help you FREE.

SCORE can help you both in person and on line FREE. SCORE can help you develop

both a Business and a Marketing Plan and also answer other questions.

Again Best of luck, LUCKIEST
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            bigcloudmedia Adventurer
            Soleilchaux,

To be honest I can't really give much advise on which company type to choose, other than to do alot of research and choose the business entity that fits your situation best. There are pros and cons to each one, alot of which have to do with taxes and liability both personal and company. There are alot of online resources you can visit such as SCORE or your state's business website. Here in Texas, we have a hotline we can call if we need to talk to someone about starting a business and the how's and what's of the whole process.

I would suggest first coming up with a plan for your business. I know it's cliche but it works and acts as a road map for you to follow when doing business. It also allows you to visualize and set goals and also prepare for future business you will encounter. I would not stumble blindly into it just because you have two potential clients, because it's where the business goes from there that will concern you later on. It doesn't have to be complicated but just something that will keep you on track.

Once the plan is established than you can pick a business entity that matches the business plan. This way everyone stays on the same track with everything. You can also seek a business consultant that would help you out with all of this. It may help if you seek some professional assistance with the whole process to make sure you get it right.

Lastly, research your business as much as possible to see what has worked for other companies. Though your circumstances are different, you might be able to learn the what not to do's from another company before making the same mistakes.

I hope this helped you out. Have a great day and if you end up needing a website for your biz, look me up. My company site is www.bigcloudmedia.com and you can reach me directly at kflowers@bigcloudmedia.com.

Have a great one and I wish you the best in your new business.

Koji Flowers
            Big Cloud Media
            www.bigcloudmedia.com
            "We don't just build websites, we open doors."

bigcloudmedia Adventurer
              Soleilchaux,

To be honest I can't really give much advise on which company type to choose, other than to do alot of research and choose the business entity that fits your situation best. There are pros and cons to each one, alot of which have to do with taxes and liability both personal and company. There are alot of online resources you can visit such as SCORE or your state's business website. Here in Texas, we have a hotline we can call if we need to talk to someone about starting a business and the how's and what's of the whole process.

I would suggest first coming up with a plan for your business. I know it's cliche but it works and acts as a road map for you to follow when doing business. It also allows you to visualize and set goals and also prepare for future business you will encounter. I would not stumble blindly into it just because you have two potential clients, because it's where the business goes from there that will concern you later on. It doesn't have to be complicated but just something that will keep you on track.

Once the plan is established than you can pick a business entity that matches the business plan. This way everyone stays on the same track with everything. You can also seek a business consultant that would help you out with all of this. It may help if you seek some professional assistance with the whole process to make sure you get it right.

Lastly, research your business as much as possible to see what has worked for other companies. Though your circumstances are different, you might be able to learn the what not to do's from another company before making the same mistakes.

I hope this helped you out. Have a great day and if you end up needing a website for your biz, look me up. My company site is www.bigcloudmedia.com and you can reach me directly at kflowers@bigcloudmedia.com.

Have a great one and I wish you the best in your new business.

Koji Flowers
              Big Cloud Media
              www.bigcloudmedia.com
              "We don't just build websites, we open doors."

intechspecial Ranger
                Sam,

Contact your local Small Business Administration or SCORE office, both offer advice for free,

intechspecial