Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2010 12:58 PM by RW150K


    Hollylady1 Newbie
      I want to buy wholesale to make the crafts that I am selliing to retail stores. Do I need a EIN and do I charge sales tax to the retailer?
        • Re: homebusiness
          alytus Scout
          yes , charge sales tax
          • Re: homebusiness
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Home business, Welcome

            Who r u?? Go to Members page and share some info.

            Do you have an accountant??
            <!--Session data-->
            • Re: homebusiness
              bpfinance Adventurer
              I do recommend an EIN. Additionally, you are likely required to "charge" sales tax to the retailer, but in almost all circumstances they will provide you with a copy of their sales and use tax license as well as a statement that the items they are purchasing are for resale. In every state that I have worked with a company on this, they rarely end up actually charging the retailer sales tax. The state you are located in may be different as sales tax is governed entirely by states and localities.

              Also, have you put thought into how you want to set this business up? Do you know all of the licences you have to apply for before starting the business? Have you already talked to retailers about purchasing your items? These are all things you need to look into before you make your first purchase.

              Let me know if you have any more questions before you start your business up.

              Jeremy Barfield
              Chief Forum Response Correspondent
              • Re: homebusiness
                jaxonm7 Newbie
                Home based business is that you can make money by working at home and do not need to spend more time, some home base business are like online marketing, network marketing[/url], medical transcription and so on.. Those jobs which are useful for the home makers and college students which will be easy for them and no stress in it to work out.